HFC/Restons Collection Charge

fluffy25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently noticed that HFC added a collection charge of 16% (£700) on a £4000 loan.

I wrote to Restons requesting that they repay this amount, got the usual reply 'its fair' 'its lawfull' etc they also sent a copy of the court paperwork showing that we agreed to the amount claimed (they got a charging order in 2006) That paperwork did not mention the £700 'collection charge' that had been added. I am now wanting to set up a court claim to request the 'collection charge' back but am struggling with what wording to put in my claim particulars.

I have also noticed that the credit agreement (which HFC got my wife to sign 2 years after the loan was taken out by saying we would like to reduce your credit card and loan balance and pool them into 1 loan as you have been a long term customer!!! this was obviously because they didn't have the original agreements) is not dated anywhere on the agreement or where the bank have signed is this a perscribed term?

Any help with either aspect of this would be a great help. Ian

IMHO, you'll have to take this one on the chin.

As HFC modified the agreement ( and you signed them ) then they supercede the previous agreement.

I also don't think you have a chance of reclaiming the collection charge as this would have been stated on the Particulars of Claim; and thus; for you to dispute ( typical of restons though).

You could try complaining to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about Restons behaviour but don't expect a response in your favour...............but the more who complain, the better.

If you feel very strongly about your case for the Collection Charge repayment, then seek a solicitors advice.