Iqor/halifax

rabbi62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening people. I would really like some help/advice regarding an issue with Iqor.

I had a debt with halifax £5000, I agreed with Iqor I could pay £150 per month as its all I and my partner could afford, my partner lost her job and I contacted Iqor with Income/Expenditure to say we could only afford £75 per month.

I recently lost my bank card and awaiting a new one I missed this months payment of £75. I and my partner both got a call from some complete ******* called Barbera from Iqor, said I had to pay the remaining balance of £1900 or I would default again and they would take me to court. I laughed and said sorry but im awaiting a new card and will pay the £75 when I get my new card. She said no and that I had to pay £110 at the end of the month. I didnt back down and said £75 was max. She said this was not good enough and that she would not accept this,(sorry said they didnt have to accept a payment nor did they have to agree to a payment plan) is this true.

I am happy with paying the £75 per month, what can I do.

Thanks

If they want to play silly beggers then so can you. Have you confirmed that they have the right to collect this alleged debt?, if not, then send them a CCA request. My advice is to never deal with these people over the telephone, as you have found out they are mainly obnoxious liers who threaten all sorts that they cannot by law do! Also, they have absolutely no right to your personal income/expenses information, only a Judge in a Court of Law has the rights to that info. It is YOUR INCOME and YOU decide what you will pay to whom.

£75 A MONTH!!!!

That is a very BIG payment, get back in the driving seat and pay them an amount that you can realistically & comfortably afford, NOT what they have dictated you'll pay.

I'm thinking along the lines of £10 a month, they don't have to agree to it, it's all they will get.

As HS says, they have no legal right to your private and personal I&E, they are getting way above their station in asking to view that, YOU decide what YOU pay them, not the other way round.

If they ring in the future, just laugh at them, and hang up, do it every time the fools ring, or have a recording of the laughing Policeman and play them that..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!