style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new to this, so please bear with me... I received a letter at an old address from HL Legal Solicitors, asking me to contact their client to verify my details. I understand from reading several posts on this site, that the client they refer to is Telogram, and they are a debt collection agency? I very nearly did ring them, but thanks to this site, decided against it. I am concerned though, as they say if they get no response, they will visit said address for verification... I am not sure what to do next? I still have the letter, but am not sure what they want.. I have had no debts for 7 years now, can they still pursue an old debt? Any help or advice would be greatfully received...

DO NOT MAKE ANY CONTACT, the next you will receive a card saying you have a parcel to collect and ring a number, they are very sly. There is no point contacting anyone now as 7 years have passed and any debts will be STATUTE BARRED.

Telogram is a company who have a habit of restarting the clock on old debts. They are a nasty bunch and operate under many different names.

If there is any more contact from this lot report it to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, in fact you can report HL now for going to an old address nad being very vague as to what it is about.

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...