New member seeks non-urgent tactical advice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi whilchil

Thanks for your kind words.

My disputes are primarily based on:

"You have telephoned me at work in a manner that appears to breach Office of Fair Trading and other regulatory bodies’ guidelines. I have verbally requested that you cease this breach; I reiterate that now. Your telephone calls have the effect of psychological harassment and act in a way that is likely to be publicly embarrassing to me. Your telephone calls may jeopardise my continued employment and result in significant financial loss.

Should you choose to continue to breach regulatory guidelines and UK and EU law by telephoning me at work I will report your activities to the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsmen Service and other relevant agencies.

I have made an initial report today to Consumer Direct regarding your activities (Ref no: WMxxx) who have advised me to request a reply from you within fourteen working days prior to contacting them again to escalate this complaint.

Meanwhile I should be grateful if you would send me a copy of your complaints procedure."

My dispute with Barclaycard is that they sent one of the Kray twins round in a fluorescent Resolvecall jacket as instructed by Mercers who are acting as Barclaycard's agents. Hence my 'North Korean' post in this sub-forum. Sorry to rant, but how would a vulnerable person deal with this?

But I am also disputing illegible CCAs etc, but keeping the legal niceties as a side issue at the moment.

The dispute doesn't mean that I don't have pay anything but I refuse to pay anything (because I can't afford to and National debtline have advised me so etc. etc.) unless OCs behave reasonably and freeze interest and charges and stop harassment.

I have supplied basic I&Es to all OCs with National Debtline's form but nothing else. I have conversed at length with OCs and their in-house DCAs (but I refuse to go through security). They use quite sophisticated voice analysis software, hence the Stockholm Syndrome questions of 'security' followed by faux empathy and the 'killer' questions of: do you have a cat or dog, how much does pet food cost, do you smoke, how many vehicles do you own..? I ain't kidding here! Being married, I've been interrogated by an expert.

Returning to reality, I have applied what I've learnt from CAG to my own situation. As the chap from Mumbai said, "You'll get no bamboozlement here sir".

best wishes

vic

Hi all

A brief update on progress to help others.

2 of the accounts in dispute because of harassment have evoked a response.

'No names, no pack drill', but the essence is:

0. We don't accept your complaint; no sh*t Sherlock.

1. We'll stop telephoning you at work.

2. We'll accept £1 a month.

I need to do a bit more work to challenge and clarify certain aspects of their lengthy reply; but I shall want to devour my luncheon of soft boiled ova and soldiers first.

I'll update when the remaining fermenting ones become drinkable.

Best wishes and thanks again.

vic

Hi seagull

O yes. Resolvecall agents of Mercers agents of Barclaycard.

I have a Barclaycard entitled "amuse bouche for dx"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284419-For-amusement-only-amuse-bouche-for-dx

that explains my current stance.

x

vic

LOL just had a google of resolvecall Hmmm "Leading edge Intelligence Gathering"

So find the required paperwork and pass it on I would use the word but feel "Donkeys and Holes" is far more appealing

I wonder how legit these peeps are and if the PM knows the kind of clowns that claim assist the Goverment - Interesting

Hi Sea Gull

The guy who came to the door, I told to Foxtrot Oscar; I guess he was just some poor sod on commission only, but they had at least provided him with a Resolvecall jacket.

I 'phoned Resolvecall after receiving Barclaycards bizarre Final Response; I think this FRs are now just computer generated.

Resolvecall seem to be a one man his dog outfit. They asked if I had a reference no (their's) and if I had called the number on the calling card. When I explained I was ringing as a result of Barclaycard's FR (and I gave them that reference, which is, I think, generic) but that I wanted to arrange a visit because, “Our agents are trained to gather and understand information so that they can make decisions regarding your accounts, with the intention of helping you resolve any problems you may be experiencing.”, they seemed quite bemused.

They asked for my 'phone number which I declined to give. They then asked me to ring the 0844 number, which I believe is intelligently re-routed to Mercers; I did not 'phone this as it is not free and it is not in my I&E statement.

I know that curiosity killed the cat, but I like to know whom I'm dealing with.

Best wishes

vic

Edited by victoria_siempre
typo

Vic just been doing a little research for you Resolvecall are based in Glasgow as is Scotcall so part of the same I think

on a 0141 number if you google either or - you will get the information.

As for the jacket zip a dee do dah! You can probably have one made up on Ebay

Hence no chat no calls writing only ;)

Also have you considered writing to Barclays Complaints Dept?

Just a thought when I contacted my OC direct regarding a DCA they apologised and gave me 500 quid

and promised that said DCA would be dealt with - have heard nothing more since

Still paying them though but by SO

Hi Sea Gull

Thanks. our posts crossed.

Barclaycard totally defend their right to use two DCAs at once in their weird Final Response to a complaint I didn't make.

I have come to an agreement with about half the OCs: £1 a month on frozen interest and no charges.

I refuse to pay anything to OCs who maintain their right to breach OFT guidelines, including 'phone calls to OH at work and 2 DCAs at once.

Q. 'How do you make a donkey go forward?'

A. 'Pull it's tail.'

x

vic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

A brief update to help others.

I am now harassing 'agents' of OCs by telephoning them (I know).

BC do not reply to letters offering payment. Latest calls simply say that they will sell debt on at the end of the month and that BC rules forbid them accepting offer below 0.5% p.m. , i.e. £50 p.m. on 10k. Very nice people I speak to, but that's BC's bottom line.

It's interesting that they don't want to keep the alleged debt on their books and that they're not bothered about recent OFT instructions to MBNA.

Anyway, I revert to my previous offer of £0 p.m. and complaint to FOS (I have telephone ref no) on grounds of......... is next job.

Santa is bringing Truecall.

love

vic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Santa update:

Nothing much to report. No calls and few letters.

NW accepted £1 on one card but have not replied to similar offer on another?!

MBNA accepted £1 on one card but am awaiting final response to harassment complaint due Dec 24 on another.

Bcard refuse offer of £1 - min required is 0.5% pm - FOS complaint pending, ref: MBNA ruling.

Egg: don't know their arse from their elbow; £1 offer not accepted but not refused; and they seem to want me to pursue FOS complaint re harassment. Softly, softly...

Santander; sent used underwear, empty cider bottles and fag packets in support of I&E (they have mortgage) but no response. still accepting £1 in interim.

love to all (even Tingy)

vic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

New year update:

A definite change in the mood music from OCs; they seem to be twitchy about the OFT v. MBNA ruling:

"1) MBNA Europe Bank Limited shall:

a) maintain its policy that when MBNA Europe Bank Limited has

established that a customer is in financial difficulties it accepts the

amount that they have demonstrated that .they can afford to pay and

will improve its confirmation letter ('Confirmation Letter') to make this

clearer; and..."

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/press_release_attachments/MBNA-requirements

Whilst they will all not accept that they accept £1 p.m., they are freezing interest and charges, so I am now paying £1 p.m. to 6 out of 8.

Some have formally accepted this in writing but most have not.

I have pro-actively telephoned some of their harassment wings to complain about their lack of helpful telephone calls and especially their refusal to respond to correspondence.

I have three 'final decisions' which can be triggered to fos within 6 months.

So far, so good, as the man said passing the 38th floor having jumped out of the 69th floor window.

There is more than one way of killing a pig, like chocking it to death on strawberries.

love

vic

Hi advanced

Still a bit messy and confused:wink:

Bcard point blank refuse to reply in writing or accept token payment but Calder tell me on the 'phone to pay the £1 anyway; still musing on this. They've now passed it to Credit Solutions.

MBNA still not replied in writing but have accepted £1 on another card; still musing on this.

Egg have passed to Collect Direct.

I'm still sitting on FOS complaints which I shall unleash in a timely manner when harassment recommences. All very quiet, only 1 telephone call since before Xmas.

I'm just storing my grain and preparing for war, as one does.

x

v

Hi guys

Brief update to help others on DCA tactics:

I've just called Credit Solutions (I know, but they weren't harassing me so I thought I'd call them).

They immediately offered a discount (unspecified) and helpfully went through what we might sell so that we might clear this debt (lots of wees, so we must all be in this together).

I repeated my token offer made to BCard, Mercers, Calder: they are welcome to call round (again - last was resolvecall) or take me to court or accept my offer, but I have no money.

It will be interesting to see if they harass or just pass it back.

x

v

Hi guys

Just studied transcript (he didn't flinch when I asked if he wanted me to sell my kidney) and have sent this:

"Dear Mr/Ms White

I note your FORMAL DEMAND dated xx/1/11.

I thank you for our telephone conversation yesterday, the transcript of which provides a useful elaboration of my extant complaint to FOS against Barclaycard.

I should be grateful if you would confirm whether you are merely acting as Barclycard's agent, in which case the complaint will be limited to them, or, alternatively, whether you are acting on your own behalf on the basis of an assignment; you will understand that I should not wish to initiate a further complaint against yourselves without reason.

Your letter containing the FORMAL DEMAND did not include your current Consumer Credit Licence number and I should be grateful if you would provide this so that I might be reassured that I am dealing with a bona fide organisation in accordance with UK and EU laws.

Should you wish to discuss this complaint you are welcome to telephone me on xxx; I should be grateful if all matters relating to the Barclaycard account were dealt with in writing.

Yours sincerely

vic"

x

v