• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Blackhorse keep changing default date everytime in gets near 6yrs

Samndazzle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sam & Slick,

I have suggested in post 173# writing a letter before action, if the ''losses' can be quantified logically this I think is now the proper response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Both the ICO and the FSA stuck simply as Black Horse are unlikely to comply with the rulings

both of them see it futile to take further action I kid you not

Black Horse have not even complied with the £100 award which I was disgusted with.

The crux of the situation is credit scoring.

We all know a poor credit score will affect things from whether loans etc are offered or increased,

this includes as we know insurance quotes as debt ridden people are more of an insurance risk.

The formula of the credit score is a massive secret, simply to discourage people abusing the system,

we know if you dont pay it affects but we dont know how badly it affects us.

This in itself will disqualify any reasonable claim if your stuck in this rut you have to show the courts your loss which you simply cannot do

12 years of incorrect credit scoring will have an impact but no one knows how much of an impact.

You are not allowed to suggest house price increases over a 10 year period

In fact the FSA go one further consequential loss in obtaining all the data to even get the ICO and the FSA to look at things are not covered.

In my case it has taken 5 years of subject acess requests and even to this date none have been met

simply as the case is over 13 years old even though until 18 months ago collection agencies rang nightly and kept doorstep arriving

Why do we have goverment funded protection agencies who are toothless, if the banks are never held acountable they will just make the rules as they go as they currently are

Hi Sam,

Unless you try to actually quantify any consequential costs that have arisen as a result of the banks actions, you will get nowhere.

By allowing the ICO and FOS to take their time investigating, precious time has passed, possibly reducing your chance of court success.

Is direct court action an option you are willing to pursue ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Its impossible to quantify loss if the banks will not let you know the credit formula

Firstly most people struggling do not have time or funds to monitor the CRAs to check if everything is right

Companies the charge up to £15 a month and consider theres at least 3 seperate agencies

in my case they challenged the bank with the evidence and still publicized a default they knew to be wrong after all Black horse spends more money with them than I do.

You can go to the ombudsman like I have only to find at best they finally stopped the defaults bieng listed but only after I had to obtain every bit of evidence to present my case

remember to go to court or to an ombudsman first you need the bank to provide you with the information, n my case after 4 payments of SAR i still do not have full details and never will have, the ICO accepts this and done nothing.

Most people struggling with bad credit canot go to the courts, they will simply out play you forever as we have seen with technalities not to mention a bottomless pit of funds to pay for countless top barristers, I got help hereand a 30 minute chat with a solicitor who spent10 minutes of that recording my financial incomes.

Ive had letters from the ICO explaining they have stopped Black horse from commiting any further fraud but will take no further action against the bank

Sadly currenly the banks are answerable to no one, the credit agencies are paid for by the banking sector and the Ombudsman simply will not take action bue to politics and budget restraints.

We go down legal route and your in there home ground, if you win they apeal until your out of money, what next they will re write the laws?

So the ICO and FSA agree that a default marker should be with you for life and not 6 years?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So the ICO and FSA agree that a default marker should be with you for life and not 6 years?

No both the ICO and FSA will agrea to help stop this from happening but first you must prove to them it is happening

In my case we had years of credit agency monitoring even 2 court cases in 2004 both of which i won still needed a lenghty investigation

The outcome as you read pages ago are Black Horse in my case did stop its harrassment but neither the ICO or FSA would pursue the offences simply as Black Horse was unlikely to comply

Thanks Sam ...up to speed now so no default marker being placed now.?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

As I stand now since the FSA showdown Black horse has agread to no longer place defaults, funny enough I have still had debt collector visits who seemed bemused the debt is statute barred

My biggest arguement though is there is no debt / there never ever was and on 2 occasions a county court in 2004 both agread with me and struck Black horses claim out

Im not allowed ever to argue that point simply as i do not hold the original paperwork or accounts and Black Horse refused to ever give me anything in my case i could only argue they regularly removed credit defaults and re inserted them with new dates

This fact isnt unusual to Black hore, theres a whole department within the group to argue there case just most of us dont ever know whats happening

Get the details off to some of the Financial Journalist, newspapers have some very effective people such as Tony Hetherington and the BEEb might have a slot for something as outrageous as this.!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Get the details off to some of the Financial Journalist, newspapers have some very effective people such as Tony Hetherington and the BEEb might have a slot for something as outrageous as this.!

Hi Brig

Ive tried that so often

I had a mental breakdown after hearing so often "THEY CANT DO THAT"

Bottom line is they are doing this and many other things so much in words of ICO its institutional

All Black horse done was tried to justify the defaultdates changing everytime they sold the debt after reasorbing it

Recently ive been re reading Richard Durkins way the legal route where mine went down the avenue of Ombudsman

Dont forget if you get in trouble paying a debt last place you look for years is the CRAs to remind yourself of the mess your in

Please dont say they cant do that and to stop them is easy, this forum is full of people abused and there is absolutely nothing most of us can do

Go court they shot louder, go to Ombudsman its political and this is in a time when Goverment are bieng harsh on the banks yet as I read it the Goverment are relying on the banking industry to get us out this mess so what makes you think there going to pressure the banks to act responsbly

Hi Sam I'm not around here very much now but I have followed this thread from the start.

I will attempt to see if any of my contacts/colleagues have any ideas as to where to go next.

I will make some inquires over the next week and post anything I can find here.

The manipulation of the CRA data and default dates is appalling.

Brig.

Edited by ims21