• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Blackhorse keep changing default date everytime in gets near 6yrs

Samndazzle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all can you help

in 2001 i bought a car and had a disabling accident a few months later and there insurance refused to repay the loan

In 2003 i was served a default paper

I joined credit expert and watched until 2009 the default notice and made an ammendment as to reasons why

Then in sept 2009 Black hrse rdered credit expert to change the default date to 2004 which they did

Ive just got passed the 6 year deadline and guess what they had done it again

Ive spoken many times to experian who agrea black horse have changed the default dates but say they can not do anything about it

Black horse refuse to discuss the matter in any way and just refer me to a collection agency to repay

what can i ever do to sort this other than win the lottery guys? I hate the debt its my only one and simply after my accident i am unable to work or repay this debt and have argued that i was insured at the time of the accident but i had holidays at work so took that time before going sick so there is a 4 week discrepancy between my date of accident and the date of me claiming sickness benefit (i just assumed at the time take my holidays with full pay i was entitled to) but for this reason there own insurance refused to pay and nearly 10 years down the line im still a debtor

I recieved no payout from my accident by the way and live off goverment benefits now as i have done since the accident

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when was your last financial in/out?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is all credit expert will do despite my arguing

Our Ref: EXP/41037541/PC

Dear Mr P######

Further to our recent correspondence, I have been contacted by Black Horse Ltd

regarding the account started 18/01/01 on your credit report. They have

confirmed that the details we hold are accurate and have requested that we

retain the information on our database. Unfortunately I am unable to amend this

information without the authorisation of the company in question.

The following Notice of Dispute will remain on this entry for 28 days. It will

then be removed, unless I receive further notification from you:

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE

ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE

TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

If you have any further queries or wish to discuss this further, may I suggest

you contact the company concerned direct at the following address:

Black Horse Ltd,

Customer Accounting,

St William House,

Tresillian Terrace,

Cardiff,

CF10 5BH

then my friend it is WELL statute barred and should no longer be showing!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This ive read and looked forward to

but the problem is if the credit refrence agencys will not update anything other than a declaration what can i do?

Credit expert accept the date of default has changed

credit expert state they can only write to clarify the information provided is up to date and restate again for me to take this up with Black horse

When i communicate with Black horse because the account is so old they just refer me to the collections people who will only speak about repayments

so forever i am on the default list with credit people (not that this matters as i can never repay any loans etc) but it does reflect on me when it comes to insurances etc

This is my only problem money wise yet despite banking with barclays for 9 years i still cannot get a multifunction card or overdraft because of my credit rating

when paying for my report it gives me a rating of 750 because of my failure to meet repayments on a large debt

the debt is more than the loan despite them taking the car back in 2002

a default does not reset the 6yrs on the CRA's

if you have not paid since 2001 then it should not be showing at all.

you cannot have 2 defaults for the same debt.

its statute barred by a long shot

dx

and they

cheers other than write to experian is there somewhere i can go who can force the credit agencys to remove this other than just print an amendment of my side f the story?

isnt it ilegal for Black horse to repeatedly lie about this and who do i report them to?

Equifax have stated that a statue barred file will be removed after 6 years but an open account remains on file until closed

The problem is Black horse wave not and will not close the account so using this as a way to wreck my history

Edited by Samndazzle
updating

the whole debt should not be showing at all its statue barred [passed 6yrs since your last payment]

ICO i would think is your port of call

they CANNOT just keep changing the date of a default notice esp now one 10yrs old since first registered.

dx

dx waves to the 4 guests!!!!!!!

black horse spies i bet

and they

thanks excuse my ignrance but who is the ICO?

happy for anyone from black horse or experian etc to correct me if im wrong in any way or explain how it works or why they doing this

I dont want credit but when i cannot even get a mobile phone due to my adverse credit information its difficult

Id sat for years and have tried to speak to the collections people its all very long ago but i bought the car for £6999 and still owe £7373 even though they have the car back and to rub salt in wound the insurance that was attatched i couldnt even cancell even thought they refused to pay out

information commissioners office

hit the warning triangle and ask the site team to rename your thread to

'Blackhorse keep changing default date everytime in gets near 6yrs'

that will attract the knowledgable ones to help you.

dx

and they

Hi,

Once one default is placed on your record, that is it. They CANNOT place more OR change the date of the original default.

You will need to make sure you have printouts of all of the previous date changes. Write to the creditor and demand they remove the data and pay you suitable compensation for defamation. Don't bother ringing them, it'll get you nowhere. Send your letter by Recorded Delivery

You must report this abuse of the Data Protection Act to the Information Commissioner.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks SF - dx

and they

thanks guys ive demanded a full printut from credit expert i have been a paid member for 4 years and they can show that previously the default date is diffrent from the current ne

ive asked for title to be changed and will let you know how i get on

there bullys to say the least every dealing with them previously has led to physical illness previously i know a default means little but in my case i am unlikely to get secure employment and can live with this but to be denied cheaper things in life like the mobile phone tarrifs etc are a real pain, even a multifunctional card with the bank would make life at the petrol stations easier as i can then use the pay at the pump function

listen

blackhorse are the very worst of the lenders.

i had a phonecall for a work collegue the other wekk.

he wasn't there , it was [by tracing the number on who's calling me] BH.

this woman claimed to be a solicitor wanting to do an attachment to earning.

i said where is your CCJ then, you must have one of those first....

she said i don't need one i'm a solicitor,

i said oh yes whats your name then?

she said - don't you realise i legally don't have to give it

your mate is in great trouble

now if he's not there i want the phone number of the wages dept....

what for i said.

i'm legally authorised to get a deduction attached to his earnings..

no your not you need a CCJ first...

[then i found it was BH from looking on the net at that point]

oh your blackhorse....pretending to be a solicitor are we...thats naughty

phone went dead...

dx

and they

Ww and thanks again a real eye opener

i went with Black horse as stupidly i thought at the time they were Llyods and you cant get bigger or more reputable

ive hand written to both equifax and experian after joining both of them infrming the problem and demanding previous credit report which up until 8 weeks ago showed a diffrent default date then in July 2010 my credit report become clean other than a lot of searchs from debt collection agents at every adress i have ever lived at

Then this month the black horse starts again as if its a new account no previous history showing just the default and amount owing

this is showing from experian

arrears.

NameDate of Birth Mr Darren ########

####### Company Name / Insight Account NumberAccount TypeTermsStart BalanceCurrent Balance Black Horse Ltd (I) / XXXXXXXXXXX8618Hire Purchase48 @ £ 253 (Monthly) £ 0 £ 7,303 StatusCredit LimitDate UpdatedStart DateDate Last DelinquentDate SatisfiedDefault DateDefault / Delinquent Balance Defaulted £ 006/07/201018/01/200102/06 14/02/2006 £ 7,303 Payment History See Key of Payment History YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec 2006icon_red_default.gif 0 payment"s" 1 month in arrears; 0 payment"s" 2 months in arrears; 0 payment"s" 3 or more months in arrears. Default has been registered on this account

and this from this months credit expert

BLACK HORSE LTD Hire purchase/C... Default £7,303 01/08/2010 hidebutton.gif Hide

ENTRY NUMBER: C3

Name: MR ###########

Address: ############## Date of birth: ###########

Company name: BLACK HORSE LTD Account type: Hire purchase/Conditional sale Started: 18/01/2001 Default Balance: £7,303 Current Balance: £7,303 Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £253 over 48 months Defaulted On: 14/02/2006 File Updated for the Period to: 01/08/2010 Status history:

[] brackets indicate most recent months status [ hist_8.jpg ] What's this? Note: A defaulted account is removed from your report after six years whether or not you have paid the debt in full. If you have paid some of the debt off, the balance should show how much you still owe. Notice of Correction: 1037541

Now mysteriously the old reports (ive been a credit expert member for 4 years) that showed a diffrent default date are no longer available to download even though it says they are available for up to a year

ive got last months credit report saved as a pdf showing no mention at all of black horse debt its like they left it a month and then restarted it

as you can see in the history both experian and equifax only show one month of history

Edited by Samndazzle
updating

print it out

scan your sheets/agreements

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

and they

Morning,

You may need to SAR both BH and Experian to get a fuller picture of the tactics used.

Expect a filing cabinet full of stuff from Experian :-|

If you get a response from BH, the account history notes should show how they have behaved.

Don't alert them to the reason you are asking for your data. just use the generic one from this site.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I wouldnt put it past experian to be covering their tracks here, especially as you cant download files anymore. as SF says, use a generic SAR request, and ask for all reports dating back to the beginning, lets see what they supply, maybe we can get them on fraud.

yes you can download the full file

goto print the full report and its a PDF!

dx

and they

The CRA are as usual behaving badly. They know only to well that a creditor cannot update a default in order to extend it I would suggest that you send a SAR (Subject Access Request) requiring them to supply AL:L documents, computer records & telephone transcripts which apply to you. Don't forget to include the statutory fee of £10. That should get them thinking

The statutory fee for a credit report is £2.

The £10 fee is the statutory fee for a subject access request under the data protection act.

This is how I do it, and it works every time.

Dear Sir.

RE: Statutory credit report

Please send me my statutory credit report, my date of birth is 00/00/00 and I enclose the statutory fee of £2.

Yours faithfully

Your name

Update today

Experian emailed me a change in my credit report and its gone from there

wiered as credit expert now also has nothing showing

now may i ask where i stand please re this im assuming i still owe the money will they now reduce the bill maybe?

my credit report shows mass searches by debt collection agencies will these now keep updating my file to alert others?

Edited by Samndazzle