• Tweets

• Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
    • If i did it through the bank, they seem to have an online form. I wondered if this is the best way or to do a letter, add supporting documents and send them through the post, recorded delivery  ?
    • the process for attaining a charging order is the same no matter what it results in. interim first then latter they can go for a full charging order. at ICO stage its recorded the same on your deeds until a full CO is applied for and granted. however, as in your case, it resulted in simply a restriction k which cannot be converted into a full charging order so the entry remains stating ICO. smart cookies on your side IMHO now ...hope you succeed. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Triton credit services

sabbath61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there this is my first time on the forum,i too am having problems with triton credit services i will get to that later for help advice i hope.anyway i have noticed that is previous comments it was mentioned that triton credit services has 2 adds ,one in basildon and one in telford.i use to work for natwest dealing with bank debts and they created their own inhouse debt collecting agency called unidebt and was based in the same building as the credit crds.however they moved to TELFORD IN 2000 could triton be unidebt.i also rang rbs in southend for some info about triton and the young lady who answered was insistant that triton in basildon were not inhouse

Hi,

It is likely that Natwest had its own inhouse recovery department. As did RBS, which was in Edinburgh. When the 2 companies became 1, I can confirm that the recovery department of the RBS was closed, all documents from this department were destroyed & only fragments of data transferred to CMS in Telford.

Triton Credit Services is defenitely the inhouse recovery department for both RBS & Natwest (there paperwork confirms that this is a Trading name of RBS Plc). They have access to a customers internal Diary & Data, and they themselves put notes on this internal system. An external department/Company would have its own internal system for making notes & logging data.I know this because I have recieved a copy if my "Diary Event History" from RBS when I did a DSAR,( after corresponding with Triton), there notes, including the conversation I had with a very helpful young lady at Triton were included in this Internal Diary.

I have never heard of a Triton from Basildon.

Debbie

• Haha 1

first of all thanks debbbbsy for your reply,i would now like some advice on how to proceed with the following if thats ok,i was made redundant in april 2009 and unfortuantly still am.as i had some savings and a bit of redundancy monies i continued to pay my rbs credit crd.however i found this a struggle what with household bills and mort etc.so in june 2009 i contacted rbs and exp sit saying i was unemp and could only pay a min amt but i had taken out insurance which i had since i had the card back in 2003.they sent the claim form and i sent it off to the ins co who were assurant solutions.i got a lett from them daed 6/8/2009 that they recvd my claim app and had given me a claim no and that it was being assesed,i then recv a lett from them dated 10/8 saying my claim had expired on 13/7 as they were unable to collect the premiums and therefore unable to claim for pymts after that date.they did give me the option of reinstating it if i paid the premiums,by this time i had to cash the remaining savings and they reinstated my claim stating i had to send proof of job searching etc.they finaly made just 3 mnths pymts and i cont to send them proof of my unemp.in oct 2009 i came off of jsa benefits and then was messed about by the dhss saying i had to go on this one then that one and it took five mnths to sort out,during this time the job centre couldnt stamp my ab1 forms,finnally i went onto esa benefits with my partner who is the main claimant ,anyway due to this assurant closed my claim and it was put in the hands ofTRITON CREDIT SERVICES WHO I HAVE FOUND OUT ARE THE INHOUSE DEBT COLLECTORS FOR RBS CREDIT DEPT SOUTHEND.I EXP THE SIT TO THEM AND SENT PROOF OF MY REDUNDANCY AND LETTS FROM THE DHSS,THE BAL ON THE CARD IS OVER £5000 AND ALL I COULD AFFORD WAS £5P/M HAVING SPOKEN TO CCCI WHO SUGGESTED £1PM.WELL SURPRISE SURPRISE THE SCRIPT KICKED IN WE CANT ACCEPT THAT ITS BELOW I CRITERIA ETC,I EXPLAINED TO THEM HOW HCAN I AFFORD MORE IF I AM ON UNEMP BENEFITS.THEY SAID WE WANTS INS/OUTS BEFORE WE ACCEPT SO I DID AAND STARTED PAYING £5P/M.ON JULY 9TH I RECVD A LETT FROM TRITON WANTING TO REVIEW PYMTS . WITH A PARA IN THE LETTER SAYING AS YOU ARE AWARE THE CURRENT ARRANGEMENT WAS AT A REDUCED LEVEL OF MNTHLY PAYMENTS TO ASSIST WITH THE FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES YOU WERE EXPERIENCING YES!!!!! I AM UNEMPLOYED.SO I RANG THEM AND EXP THE SIT,SURPRISE SURPRISE THEY SAID WANT INS/OUTS ETC.SO I SENT IT AGAIN.THEN I GOT ANOTHER LETTER FROM THEM DTD 15/7 SAYING WANT MORE INFO,DURING THIS TIME I CONT TO PAY £5P/M.AS I HAD ALREADY SENT THEM INFO I IGNORED THE LETT,THEY THEN CALLED ON 30/7 BUT I WAS OUT AND THEY SPOKE TO MY PARTNER,I RANG THEN ON MON 2/8 EXP SIT AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND A INS/OUTS FORM.THE NEXT DAY I RECVD A LETT FROM GREEN AND CO SOLS DTD 30/7 SAYING THEY WOULD TAKE FURTHER ACTION IF NO PYMTS RECVD,SORRY ITS SO LOND WINDED BUT HOW DO YOU SUGGEST I PROCEED.SHOULD I ASK FOR MY CRA

Hi Sabbath61,

The best thing to do is start your own thread. Outline your problem, make it as concise as you can, and exactly what advise you need. Help will come.

You are not legally obliged to provide any data about your income & expenditure. Only a court can force you to supply this information. Tell them to get stuffed.

Do not speak to these people on the phone.Do not call them back. All correspondence MUST be done in writing. Send all letters recorded delivery.

Have you asked for the account to be frozen ?

Are you recieving statements?

You have had the card since 2003, have you done a CCA request ?

THE NEXT DAY I RECVD A LETT FROM GREEN AND CO SOLS DTD 30/7 SAYING THEY WOULD TAKE FURTHER ACTION IF NO PYMTS RECVD,SORRY ITS SO LOND WINDED BUT HOW DO YOU SUGGEST I PROCEED.SHOULD I ASK FOR M

Carol Green, of Green & Co, is the Banks "Internal" solicitor.

I suggest you respond in writing, basically....tell her to do her worst. If they do get judgement.....thats not guranteed.

A CCJ will freeze the account. No interest or charges will be added.

Benefits cannot be used to repay this debt.

I'll look for your thread.

Debs x

Debs

Just because benefits cant be used to pay the debt they courts can still issue a order and order that you pay out of benefits as they are classed as a income.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Godmother,

I am only passing on what I have read on other threads.It was my understanding that benefits are intended for essential day to day living expenses, and could not be used to pay off debts. I apologise if I have misunderstood previous threads, are you saying that Benefits can be classed as an income & a court will force you to pay off these debts using your benefit at the detriment of essential outgoings such as Rent, Council tax, gas, electric, food, clothes...etc...

Debs

Debbs.

Iam not saying they can be but Judges dont seem to notice when they have been told they law. I know several ppl who have a judgement against them and are paying it out of there benefit as a judge has said they have to.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Iam not saying they can be but Judges dont seem to notice when they have been told they law. I know several ppl who have a judgement against them and are paying it out of there benefit as a judge has said they have to.

I completely agree. Any person who goes into court, regardless of how strong the case. If they get a judge that is basically anti the consumer, if you have spent the money they will hit you hard. This is so wrong. I personally have had experience of a judge like this at a charging order, she was a woman with power, & oh my god was she going to dictate the proceedings....even though what she said was completely wrong, she had completely misinterpreted the file. When I phoned the courts just 1 week later to clarify points she had raised. I was informed that she was nolonger an acting judge, the impression I got from the clerk was that She had made some major mistakes & been.....relieved of her position.

All we can do is go in, armed with as much knowledge as we can. Is there any case law which specifically relates to benefits & debts?

Debs x

s strange developement re triton credit services.today in the post i recvd a letter,check and ins/outs i sent to triton in june to the po box in basildon retd by the royal mail with a unable to deliver sticker on it but no reason,the strange thing is the triton add is crosses through but the envelope i sent it in was open

I sent letters - ordinary & recorded - to Triton @ Basildon and all were delivered.

The Basildon address is a PO Box that is used for forwarding - I don't think that they are actually in Basildon - maybe London (Don't they have an 020 phone number?). Try sending again.

The envelope might have been opened by the post office to get your address to return it to you

Triton are part of NatWest / RBoS - sometimes they admit it but mostly they deny it.

n.b. I saw in your first post that your PPI refused payment because you hadn't paid in july when you got into trouble in April - surely they should pay because you were paying up to when you got into trouble? Worth a complaint to the FOS after you have exhausted their complaints procedure