Re: Ruthbridge Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm looking if someone could give me some advice and directions an what to do next.

I received a letter last week from a company called Ruthbridge Ltd demanding £1,614

stating failure respond in seven days may result in legal action being recommended to their client.

They're saying that cost could be added and county court bailiff's could be called

, obtaining an attachment to my earnings and obtaining a charge order against my property.

It's also stating for the money to be paid in full.

Firstly I have no debt that I know of of this kind,

2nd I'm unemployed and

3rd I don't own a property.

The letter was sent to my parents.

All of my monthly commitments are fully paid like car insurance, broadband and mobile phone etc.

I don't even get parking tickets or collect points on my driving licence.

Up until recently I used to prescribe to Equafax and Experian

but stop this as I could see no point in continuing.

I've had an email sent saying now there has been a change to my credit file.

I have tried a access this but will have to start paying again.

I want to send them a letter but not quite sure on what to say

and on how to draft it. I have also learned that they have phoned my parents house.

I telephoned them a few days ago to tell them that I will be writing to them for info.

because I know nothing about this and they said that they have 3 separate files on me.

To say I'm shocked is an understatement.

Can't wait to see what they have now.

They have also ask for a copy of my signature.

if anyone could give any guidance soon would really appreciated as the letter is dated 06/08/10.

I did tell them that it will be about a week before I got back to them.

Many thanx

Hi

I'm looking if someone could give me some advice and directions an what to do next. I received a letter last week from a company called Ruthbridge Ltd demanding £1,614 stating failure respond in seven days may result in legal action being recommended to their client. They're saying that cost could be added and county court bailiff's could be called, obtaining an attachment to my earnings and obtaining a charge order against my property. It's also stating for the money to be paid in full. Firstly I have no debt that I know of of this kind, 2nd I'm unemployed and 3rd I don't own a property. The letter was sent to my parents. All of my monthly commitments are fully paid like car insurance, broadband and mobile phone etc. I don't even get parking tickets or collect points on my driving licence.

Up until recently I used to prescribe to Equafax and Experian but stop this as I could see no point in continuing. I've had an email sent saying now there has been a change to my credit file. I have tried a access this but will have to start paying again. I want to send them a letter but not quite sure on what to say and on how to draft it. I have also learned that they have phoned my parents house.

So I telephoned them a few days ago to tell them that I will be writing to them for info.because I know nothing about this and they said that they have 3 separate files on me. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. Can't wait to see what they have now. They have also ask for a copy of my signature.

So if anyone could give any guidance soon would really appreciated as the letter is dated 06/08/10. I did tell them that it will be about a week before I got back to them.

Many thanx

Send them the 'Prove it letter' first unsigned and see what they come up with, then we can take it from there; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

For heavens sake don't 'phone them again, you won't get an iota of sense from any of the telephone jockeys you get through to other than them wanting to play a little game called 'Twenty questions'. ;)

Incidentally, the letter you received is a standard threat-o-gram designed to scare you into contacting them. Non of that will happen without a court order & to get that they must first have obtained a CCJ against you which you must default on. ;)

Hi ya and thank you for the reply so soon

So not to send them this letter I'd already drafted then.

Ruthbridge Limited

Ruthbridge House

15 London Road

Twickenham

Middlesex

TW1 3ST

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number:

Client Name Cabot Financial Europe Limited.

I do not acknowledge any debt from your client:

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Print Name

Ruthbridge CANNOT put the 'three files they have on you' on the same account, it is illegal of them to do so. They are shysters, along with their friends HFO and Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors.

I would send them an SAR and ask for all information they hold on you - that way they will probably write back and say that you have to write to the individual creditors and their files are closed.

Watch out for 'you have a parcel to collect, ring this no' which is another of their dodges to get you to admit to something you wouldn't without evidence.

Hi,

Just to add further to what has already been advised, I would get hold of your credit file from all 3 CRA's.

If Ruthbridge are placing UNLAWFAUL info on your credit file, you might get some compensation out of them and report them to the Information Commissioner

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There have been many threads on here about Ruthbridge, they have certain 'set' template letters and once they start the cycle they just keep on coming, I was once, a few months ago on the exact say cycle as another cagger, same letters, same days, I replied and was ignored, and he ignored and still got the same letters. After a while they go away, so don't worry about anything they threaten in the next few letters, follow the good advice you have been given and help will be here every step of the way.

Ignoring Ruthbridge is the best policy. They are absolute nobodies who have no right to be trading. They never have any documentation and they never respond to individual letters. They don't deserve the time of day let alone the price of a stamp.

But having said that they should not be ignored completely. If they are writing inaccurate information to your credit files they should be made - forced if necessary - to remove the remarks and to pay you compensation for doing so. They deserve the biggest slap of their lives if any of this information is used by another credit provider. In that respoect you should write to the credit agencies to see what's what and to be prepared to write to the regulators.

If you haven't done so, get physical proof that they have marked your file (print out from the CRA site or send a request by post to the CRA for a copy of your file)

Once you have this proof, write to Ruthbridge (by recorded delivery) and demand they remove the inaccurate data. I would also put them on the spot by demanding they supply you with a copy of your authorisation for them to mark your file (which of course they won't have)

Once you have a response from them, report them to the ICO. Don't let them get away with this

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi ya.

Thanx for your reply

You stated click on the link but it keeps on taken me back to the home page. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, the link's fine but the site is playing up a bit for users of IE7 and below. I've PMD you the letter.

I believe this is the letter refered to:

Dear Sir or Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Here are the addresses of the 3 main CRAs - Send a request for your file to each one I think it costs £2 each. You can print an application form from their web sites.

Credit reference agencies

Experian Limited

Tel: 0870 241 6212 Website: http://www.experian.co.uk

Equifax plc

Tel: 0870 010 0583 Website: http://www.equifax.co.uk

Call Credit Check Tel: 0870 060 1414 Website: www.callcreditcheck.co.uk

Once you have your replies you can ask here what can be done regarding any information they have put on your files.