Stream350z

Stream350z -v- Ashbourne Management

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My wife recently took out a gym membership, which is managed by Ashbourne, wanted to cancel and so the fun begins. She had not realised it was a contract as she had no copy, and wasn't advised at signing, had thought it was just a direct debit for the bank. A familiar scenario from what I have read on here. Rang the gym and cancelled, they said fine so the DD was cancelled. Then we get a letter from Ashbourne about payment missed, so ring them conversation ensued with a rude women, who said we could not cancel. So got her to send me a copy of the contract.

Reason for cancelling currently under the GP, so we can get a letter, but that costs £14 , and don't see why we should have to pay to prove anything to this company. Plus they only suspend for 2 months, before reviewing. So another note will then be required at £14.00 I am guessing. If they hadn't been so rude and set me off on google, I would have probably pursued this route.

Another option is we run our own business, and you can cancel if your principal place of work changes, written proof required of course. We have 2 offices, one at home and the other 20 miles away, so written proof should be straightforward.

From reading about them, they obviously have no scruples, what is required to prove your principal place of work has changed ? As I think we could be at the start of a difficult battle :)

Hi Stream and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your post into your own thread to avoid hijacking.

Read other threads here for guidance on how to proceed.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks.

Going through the terms and conditions, under cancellation it reads the following.

“You must provide such notice to Ashbourne Management Services Ltd at [please insert] or such other address as etc etc “

Which on the face of it gives no address to send a cancellation in writing too! Does that in itself affect the validity of the contract. I have contacted them and asked them to provide the address in writing , but was just curious about the omission.

Hi Stream,

Have you read this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?268101-Ashbourne-Management-Everything-You-NEED-To-Know%21%21

It basically questions Ashbourne's entitlement to pursue gym members at all.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)