Iffy Default Notice??

isucwrowftts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recieved a DN from Lloyds giving me 10 days from the date of the letter to clear the arrears or have it passed to their solicitors. I have read on other parts of the CAG that in order for the DN to be valid the have to allow 14 days (12 days + 2 posting days) for a DN to be legal. Am I correct in this and if the DN is invalid then where does this leave me if they pass it to the solicitors etc.

Thanks in advance,

Isucwrowftts :-?

Edited by isucwrowftts

Under the CCA you should have 14 days from receipt of the D/N to rectify the breach.

Receipt is deemed to be 2 days after posting if sent 1st class and 4 days if sent second class post.

If you post up the D/N after removing personal details then people will be able to advise you further.

• Haha 1

that DN is INVALID

they must give 14 days + postage as advised above

ignore

if they mark your CRA file due to it complain.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx.

Will sit and hold tight - do I need to contact them to reiterate the offer of payment as it's now moved to debt recovery or just take it that they will take the agreed amount at the begining of next month - I don't want them not taking it as it would look bad on me.

Cheers,

isucwrowftts

You should be aware that if you bank with Lloyds or an associated bank there exists the possibility that they will use their right to offset and help themselves to money in your account to pay off the arrears.

Advise on here if you do bank with them is to open a 'parachute' account at a different bank like the Co-Op and transfer your pennies there.

First thing I done and also one of the best!!! Life has been so much easier without Lloyds charges looming every month - was the first (and one of the best) pieces of advice to come from this forum.

Cheers,

isucwrowftts

first thing i done and also one of the best!!! Life has been so much easier without lloyds charges looming every month - was the first (and one of the best) pieces of advice to come from this forum.

Cheers,

isucwrowftts

:):):):)

being naive when I set up the arrangements they said I had to pay by DD ond couldn't accept SO's which would be better in hindsight.

Switch to SO. Gives you more control.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Okay, so I spoke too soon. They sent me their revised overdraft charges today.

Each month I pay a bit off my overdraft with the view of eventually clearing it. Currently they only charge interest for authorised overdrafts, so as long as I pay more than the interest, little by little the overdraft decreases.

From December they will be charging interest and a £5 monthly fee for using an overdraft on each account.

The good news is however they have significantly reduced their unplanned OD charges (About time Mr Lloyds, 10/10.).

A few years ago I would have welcomed these revised charges, and guess for many they will drastically improve things. For me however it means I have to find at least an extra £5 each month just to stop the balance from dropping lower.

isucwrowftts.

start your own thread....

and scan up the dn

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Just received this letter from SCM - pretty standard I guess.

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/isucwrowftts/SAVE0019.jpg

Should I now contact Lloyds with my offer of payment, SCM and point out that the DN was invalid or what would anyone suggest.

Love the way it came in a Lloyds Collections envelope with the address the same as Lloyds, and also that someone has taken time to sign it "SCM" - must employ someone with those initials just to sign letters!!

Whilst on the subject as per my previous responses I would much prefer to pay by SO rather than DD - Lloyds told me this was impossible - has anyone had any joy with this??

Thanks in advance,

Isucwrowftts.

They're offering to accept a reduced sum which might well indicate that they realise they have problems with the D/N.

In my opinion you can either write to Lloyds and request in writing as to what the reduced sum would be and their proposed monthly repayments--tell them you have a hearing difficulty so that you are unable to discuss any matters on the phone.

If their proposals do not find favour with you then you can always let the letter writing and phone calls from SCM begin.

I believe that they are obliged to accept payment by any commonly acceptable method--others should be able to confirm.