Capital one - F & F

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3695 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have an ongoing issue with Cap1, its an enforceable agreement post 2007 so that side of things is pretty well covered (for them anyway).

Theres a balance of circa £1500.00 so its a tiddler in comparison to some of my others but........ this includes charges in the region of £250.00 + contractual interest which continues to be applied and I think comes in at roughly £500.00 for the last 14 months (although some of this may be additional charges).

I have received no statements for over a year and no notice of default fees levied on the account.

The only reason I know the balance is because I wrote to them 2 months ago asking for a balance of account.

I've since written to them again advising that no correspondence has been received for over a year and asking for corrected balance in light of their failure to present statements and/or default fee advice/s.

Got a template response that leads me to believe that they don't want to play ball.

'If' they don't concede at some stage in the near future is there any case law which prevents me from stating a reasoned case for reclaiming the charges and interest (which have not to date been paid), I would fully expect them to defend on the basis that the charges/interest have not been paid and they would want to invoke their right of offset against the arrears on the account but I'm not seeing much of another way forward in settling this one at the correct value.

Frustrating more than anything, all they've had from me for over a year is £1.00 per month and now I want to settle they want to play silly buggers with unsubstantiated charges and interest.

Gez

sar them and do some reclaiming

what about ppi too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

SAR'd last week so theres a while to go with data just yet, and nope...... no PPI to reclaim on this one.

Any ideas on whether I'm reading the 2006 additions to S.77 & 78 correctly re: statements and the giving of.

Is the creditor financially penalised (no enforceable interest charges) by failing to send statements for a running credit account as is the case for fixed sum s.77A (6)?

Thanks

Gez

not my game sorry

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...