Smudger27

PPI and Capital One

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could someone advise me as to my next step.

I sent a letter to Capital One saying the following:

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the insurance charges added to my account with Capital One Bank. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept copies of my statements. I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as is obliged under the Data Protection Act 1998. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

I received a reply dated 16th July Reference: S78, telling me it was going to take a while to look in to the situation and come back to me with a detailed response. They said it could take longer than four weeks.

I have just received another letter dated 11th August but Reference: PPI saying that they are going to look in to the situation and come back with a detailed response but it could take longer than seven weeks.

What should my next move be, should I just wait to hear from them or send them another letter saying I am not accepting their timescale.

Regards

Smudger

Hi Everyone

Have decided to send this letter to Capital One from the Templates Library, I think I am getting there slowly.

Any advice on the way would be greatly appreciated.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Regards

Smudger