ace cards and gifts (not so ace)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i took out an ace cards and gifts account in 2001. i have been on a repayment plan for a while due to financial problems.

i wondered if i had a proper cca with them. so i sent them a letter asking for an original signed copy of my cca. of course they couldnt and sent me a blank copy. so i sent them the follow up letter putting the account in dispute.

i had an interesting reply:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac150/loopips69/SCAN0004.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac150/loopips69/SCAN0005.jpg

what i understand from their letter is that they agree legally they dont have a leg to stand on because they havent got an orignal signed cca, but that it doesnt matter because they are still going to chase the account.

can anyone give me some advice as to what to do next? is there another letter i can send them? can i say they cant puruse the account as it is in dispute? any advice much appreciated.

thankyou loopips

Yes agreed the ycan stil pursue you for the alleged debt, BUT, they are unable to chase this through the courts as they have admitted they do not have your signed agreement, this will not stop them from sending you all sorts of deforestation, the only thing they cannot do is threaten you with legal proceddings, and as for their, somewhat. misguided view that they can still mark your credit file adversely, well If they have no agreements or documentation tying you into an agreement with you and them, then they are in breach of the DPA and should be reported to the ICO.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?254802

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

HI,

thanks for the above replies.

i did send ace an account in dispute letter- thats when they sent their waffling letter.

i think i will write to them to point out that they are in breach of the dpa as bazooka boo says.

any tips on how to go about wording a letter.

many thanks

loopips

• 1 month later...

hi,

a liitle update.

i received a letter today from ace informing me that they are going to pass my account on to moorcroft, that they will add legal costs to my account for a courts summons and that a record of default will be maintained on a national record.

Please help, where do i go from here? is this just another bullying tactic by ace?

thanks loopips

I wouldn't worry about the likes of Moorcrap.

When you get their envelope full of begging drivel, just write to them and tell them the account is in dispute with ACE prior to it being assigned to you.

As others have said and I can confirm as I too have a letter from Studio admitting NO CCA, but it doesn't stop them passing it on from one DCA to another in the hope you will cough up.

As for the default removal, that is easier said than done, they will tell you they have a right to inform other prospective creditors of your payment history.

I offered Studio and full and final of 10% of the balance on the condition the removed the default, marked the account as settled and did not attempt to collect ot sell on the remaining balance, but they refused, so they got nothing and never will.

It matters not who they assign/sell the account to, or indeed whi they assign/sell it to, it is unenforceable and always will be, so don't lose a wink of sleep over it.

Moorcrap are idiots and wouldn't know an enforceable debt it they fell over it. They are easy pezzie to lemon defeaty.

i received a letter today from ace informing me that they are going to pass my account on to moorcroft,(:lol: Ha ha ha ha ) that they will add legal costs to my account for a courts summons and that a record of default will be maintained on a national record. (What on vinyl?)

You can have so much fun with moorcr@p, they really are as inept as they sound. Let them add all the charges they want, you won't have to pay them, they are unenforceable.

It would be good to actually see what they have sent, just for a laugh, in any case, you MUST report them to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact for trying to exploit your lack of knowledge, and for telling blatant untruths. Chancers.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 years later...

can someone please help? my account with ace has not yet been passed to debt recovery. but I cant afford near on £100 per month , have been paying since 2011. can I claim back service charges? and cant find templates to use on here?

can someone please help? my account with ace has not yet been passed to debt recovery. but I cant afford near on £100 per month , have been paying since 2011. can I claim back service charges? and cant find templates to use on here?

this thread is two years old

please start your own

se the video listed below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...