harrassed senior

Are You a potential victim of a Scam - Read here

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3642 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The thread below was kindly provided by unclebulgaria 67 in another thread and I thought it might be requiring its' own thread as it is quite frightening.

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/FRAUD-ALERT-loan-repayment-fraud-in-your-area

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

ask questions - if someone is legitimate they won’t pressurise you or be elusive.

LOL of course they won't

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

You have to ask the question where are they getting possible victims names from and details of their debts

This info would be vital for the [problem] to work

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I love in the advice section

There are some simple rules everyone can all follow to help protect themselves:

• check your original paperwork – contact the company you took the loan from to check repayment dates
  • ask questions - if someone is legitimate they won’t pressurise you or be elusive.
  • don’t stay silent. If you’ve been targeted by a fraudster and lost money, report it to action fraud.

Thanks for this will be sending a copy and incorporating the advice into a few letters shortly.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I love in the advice section

There are some simple rules everyone can all follow to help protect themselves:

• check your original paperwork – contact the company you took the loan from to check repayment dates
  • ask questions - if someone is legitimate they won’t pressurise you or be elusive.
  • don’t stay silent. If you’ve been targeted by a fraudster and lost money, report it to action fraud.

Also appreciate the advice on checking the original paperwork!

So, if DCAs are chasing you for a debt without supplying the 'proper paperwork' we obviously need to report them for fraud?

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000