Need Some Advice On PPI Attached To Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a credit card with abbey/santander dating back to 2007, and have just found out PPI is attached to this credit card.

What are the first steps, I sent off for copy of credit agreement, which I now have, but it doesn't state much really.

I know the limit on the card was £2,000

The APR was 15.9% (Variable)

I know I have had many late payment fees added to this account at £12 a time, but I'm stumped as to working it out.

What can I claim back?

Can I claim back the interest and late payment fees and PPI?

Any advice is welcome.

Vonn

Vonn,

Your first course of action should be to send Abbey a full SAR. Read the sticky on the ppi homepage which will explain everything you need to know. The title is " full sar for ppi " I believe there is also a template letter on there for you to send. Just amend it to suit your circumstances and send along with a postal order for £10. You should send it special or recorded delivery and keep the receipt as proof of postage. Abbey will have 40 calendar days to send everything they hold on you as a data subject, including all your statements. It is from the statements we will learn how much you can claim back.

Good luck

DJ