I think the answer is obvious but .. !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son worked for a car park company (those that say 'sorry but you are over your time by 38 seconds so thats £4543 + VAT) for about 5 weeks ish. He hated it and left. They were officious, arrogant and, I believe, the same staff whose last firm was shut down - reborn. He got into a letter / phone call slinging match so I took over to help him.

Final thing was the uniform and camera to be returned. I parcelled / sent and got proof of posting and after about 5 weeks back they came and said it hadn't arrived. By then I had binned the proof. They are now threatening him with court for the kit. Final facts are:

1. They are really confused who is who and whilst I wrote to say that I would act for him their letters indicate clearly that they think I was the employee. My 1st thought was 'what fun' - go with it and go to court and say 'I've never worked for you'.

2. During the after employment chat they said 'uniform etc must be returned in accordance with contract' - except I know that he never signed a contract. So I wrote a nice letter saying something like 'just to ensure we are all talking the same language could they furnish me a copy of the signed contract please'

They replied with 'we havn't got a signed contract because one was never signed'

I wouldn't normally take this approach but their dealings have been on the same obnoxious level as their approach to fining people so I am really hoping that I can say

'No signed contract = no case'

????????

Nice one, keep us posted and dont bin the admission of no contract letter lol

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Hello and welcome to CAG. Sorry to hear about your problems.

These people don't sound very nice or very efficient. I just wanted to mention that technically they have 8 weeks to produce a contract. Did/does you son have an employee booklet or particulars of employment that shed any light on what the procedures are at all?

Normally if there is no contract, I believe standard terms apply, as shown on the directgov website, but I don't know if those terms would extend to uniform.

I don't know about the intricacies of Proof of Postage and if there is any way round throwing away the docket. Does that go into a trackable system online, or was it just a piece of paper the Post Office gave you?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum