Esporta late payment charge

dominicp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently told Esporta I was changing my account where the Direct Debit would come from. I signed a new form as asked and all seemed well (and closed the other account). Two weeks later I get a threatening where's our money letter, and they've added £20 on as an admin fee.

I emailed them, and they acknowledged the mistake. But absurdly they are insisting on charging me the £20 this month (it's 'too late to stop it') and then knocking if off next month. That seems very dodgy to me... they aren't having my money for a month for no good reason. They offered no other gesture of apology.

My question is, what should I do? I initially replied and said don't you dare, I'll use the DD guarantee to get it back. But it seems that i'm only covered if there's an error, which this probably isn't (technically). Do I have to cancel the DD? is there a way I can use this to cancel the contract (mostly cos I'm annoyed at how badly they dealt with this)?

Thanks

Why not go into your club and speak personally to the general manager or the membership manager? I'm sure they'll sort something out for you. They might even give you a few guest passes.

Hi Dominicp,

Unfortunately, if you speak to staff (even the manager) at the club, I bet they'll say they can do nothing and you must sort it with Head Office.

You could leave it - see if they keep to their word and reduce the DD next month. If they get it right, then all is well.

Or contact your bank and tell them the DD payment is wrong and must be reversed.

If the gym does not sort this quickly and to your satisfaction, then you have grounds to cancel on the basis that their Admin Dep't cannot be trusted to take amounts correctly.

Oh, and as regards the Admin Fee, they have no right to impose this in any event.

Have a read of this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?268101-Ashbourne-Management-Everything-You-NEED-To-Know%21%21

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)