Advice on Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd?

tc5712
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's been a while and no contact from Moorcroft but just had a nice call from 'Apex'!

Wouldn't confirm any of their security details, told them to contact me only in writing and never call me again.

Watch this space...

Well, I got this yesterday (Monday 13th), how they managed that is a mystery as I only told them at 15:20 on Saturday 11th to only contact me in writing?

Anyway, any idea what's going on here?

Have Moorcroft passed this on or did they give up and send it back to Lloyd's?

I sent the account in dispute letter to Moorcroft on 10/09/10 and they responded on 13/10/10 returning my £1 fee as they could not obtain a CCA.

As always any help greatly appreciated.

TC.

Apex 131210.pdf

It seems that Moorcroft have either passed it back to Lloyds and they have farmed it off to Apex OR Moordroft were collecting on behalf of Lloyds and just passed it direct to Apex. Either way, I think this letter should wing its way to Apex

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Usual rules apply

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks silverfox,

Letter compiled and ready to whiz off tomorrow.

BTW they called again tonight at 19:15!

Quote "You called me on Saturday and I told you to only contact me in writing. I now consider this harassment and if you call me again I will report you to OFCOM & the OFT, goodnight", click.

That's a ridiculous and grammatically naf letter!!!

First they refer to "Our client Lloyds TSB" then go on to say "we profile our clients' accounts carefully using external data sources and believe you have the ability to pay"

So reading it literally..based on Lloyds TSB's profits, YOU can afford to pay?

:lol:

Daft beggars.

Send the letter!

Elsa x

Quote "You called me on Saturday and I told you to only contact me in writing. I now consider this harassment and if you call me again I will report you to OFCOM & the OFT, goodnight", click.

Gawd bless em, that must have really confused the poor chap as I've now got another letter, an exact copy of the one I got on Monday!

Sorry, maybe I need to start a new thread on this but I need further advice related to this on-going dispute.

I have been left a modest sum in a will that I have paid into my current account (via a cheque and I have an overdraft of £2000), this is the same account from where the DD payments for this loan came out of. I am quite happy to continue with the overdraft arrangement.

The internet banking site used to show up the loan on my list of accounts, it no longer does. I presume this is because they have wiped their hands of it and passed it on to DCA's?

The cheque will clear tomorrow and will put me in the black for the first time in years!

I have always had funds in the account to cover monthly interest and account charges but is there any chance Lloyds could cancel my overdraft and swallow this up to either pay back some of the loan or just cancel the overdraft?

TIA,

TC

Didn't have the option, I thought I had a 'parachute' account but (at the cashpoint anyway) anything I tried to do came up with same msg 'cannot process at this time'. Since opening it about 18 months ago have never used it. (Different bank).

Seriously considering going into branch tomorrow and withdrawing the lot in cash...

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Followed your advice and withdrew my cleared cheque on Xmas eve, phew!

I've now received the attached from the original debtor, namely LloydsTSB (after sending the account in SERIOUS dispute letter to Apex).

What course of action now? CCA Apex???

As always, many thanks in advance...

TC

From Lloyds 040111.pdf

Edited by tc5712
Quoted wrong letter sent to Apex

Hi TC,

No need to CCA Apex, your original CCA still remains unfulfilled and the account remains in dispute.

That's just another computer generated letter informing you of Apex's involvement. No response required.

They know they can't enforce this debt, all they can, and often will, do is keep sending you various templated letters hoping to prompt/bore/shame/worry/terrify (*delete where appropriate) you into coughing up. :-)

They'll probably get to the end of their letter list soon, and unless they can find a grown up to write them a new one, it will then go quiet for a while. They might eventually pass it on to another debt collector with a new letter set they got for Christmas...you just need to send them the "don't be silly" letter every now and then or send them to the naughty step...

Elsa x

Hi all

just a timely reminder to all CAGGERS.

BIG BIG LETTERS

NEVER EVER EVER SET UP A DIRECT DEBIT WITH A DCA (or anybody else for that matter).

If you MUST pay a DCA something monthly set up a STANDING ORDER. This protects you as ONLY the amount specified on the standing order will be paid.

DIRECT DEBITS ARE ESSENTIALLY EVIL since these can be altered at will -- some DCA's have been known to empty peoples Bank accounts even when the Direct Debit was made for 1 GBP a month.

Again repeat NEVER EVER SET UP DIRECT DEBITS WITH A DCA.

even if there is the "direct debit protection / guarantee scheme" in operation it's a lot harder to do anything with ZERO money in your Bank account -- it takes often as much as a MONTH to get your money back and it's not always possible either.

If you've made one of these arrangements CANCEL IT QUICK and immediately open a "Parachute" account in another Bank -- The CO-OP and TESCO both do basic current accounts with a hole in the wall card and no credit reference check.

Cheers

jimbo

In a nutshell. Elsa is saying ' IGNORE THE FOOLS '

Mr W

Hi TC,

No need to CCA Apex, your original CCA still remains unfulfilled and the account remains in dispute.

That's just another computer generated letter informing you of Apex's involvement. No response required.

They know they can't enforce this debt, all they can, and often will, do is keep sending you various templated letters hoping to prompt/bore/shame/worry/terrify (*delete where appropriate) you into coughing up. :-)

They'll probably get to the end of their letter list soon, and unless they can find a grown up to write them a new one, it will then go quiet for a while. They might eventually pass it on to another debt collector with a new letter set they got for Christmas...you just need to send them the "don't be silly" letter every now and then or send them to the naughty step...

Elsa x

Regards..Mr Worried :)

What I find odd is that I've never heard from Lloyds since it was passed to DCAs. (Didn't get anything similar when Moorcr@p were dealing).

What I thought happened was:

Apex: Errrr, Dear Mr Lloydstsb. You've sold us this debt but nasty TC has sent us a letter saying the account is in dispute, (whatever that means)? What do we do?

Lloyds: Dear Mr Apex, Don't worry we'll just send him a letter to let him know you're dealing with it now... As for the 'account in dispute' thing, no idea what that means either!

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Forum,

I'm after a bit of advice in advance if you can help?

To cut a long a long story very short I have an outstanding debt with LloydsTSB for £5600

I negotiated with LloydsTSB to pay £75 a month (should have been £246, this went on for a couple of years) but now they have passed me to these lot!

After getting what sounds like the standard letter from the 'Pre Court Division' I went to the CAB website and filled out the budgeting forms. It calculated I could afford just £25 per month which I would be happy to set up a direct debit to pay on the 23rd of the month when I get my salary, (result)!

I sent this off together with the CAB offer letter template (recorded delivery).

This has since been delivered and signed for by someone with the surname Moorcroft, (family company)?

Now bear in mind I sent this off on the Friday, after getting their letter on the Thursday and got a call at 8:30am on the Monday.

The person on the phone didn’t know about the letter and was phoning on the off chance I presume. So I explained what was contained in the letter.

After first asking for my card details for full payment there and then (lol) they accepted my offer of £25 per month if I could make the first payment today, no problem.

I gave them my card details, £25 was taken from my account, they set up the direct debit and said they would review it in 2 to 3 months time.

I have since received a letter from them setting out my repayment plan that stretches till 2029.

Now I don’t want to seem blasé about this, I know 19 years is a long time to pay off a debt but I am quite happy to pay £25 a month for as long as it takes...

So my question is how do I deal with the inevitable phone call(s) that will come a couple of months from now? How do I best phrase that I WILL NOT increase my payments for as long as the debt lasts?

Any advice would be most helpful!

Many thanks,

TC

invest another £80 in a truecall and you will never have another unwanted telephone call

Edited by maroondevo52
diddydicky, sending you a pm.