• Tweets

• Thanks dx.    Would I not SAR Asset Link Capital as it was assigned to them in 2016 (according to the POC)?   To provide some context, I'm familiar with attending hearings etc and have fought and won a couple of battles.  I don't mind risking a couple of K in extra costs to give it a shot but I need to feel that there is at least a chance of success.   The card was originally an Egg card taken back in 2000 and then sold to BC who then sold to Asset Link Captial (no5) Limited.   When I did a CCA request to BC back in 2015, they provided reconstituted T&C's that post dated when I took the card out with Egg and a Credit Agreement for BC (which was clearly made up as the account was with EGG!).   Appreciate you are being careful to provide advice and not push someone to do something that could end up costing more money, I'm up for the fight though!
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
    • you wont get eric and that doesn't solve your problem as thats mainly to do with private parking set asides really as most judges now view PPC Backdoor CCJ with dissent and grant it regardless.    i absolutely hate link and paul burrell he built up a £1B+ empire of wealth solely by conning debtors into paying debts they mostly didn't even owe, but in this instance you are on very shaky ground.   me pers i'd not even debated it and i'd just gone for it win or bust. once you get the set aside it should be plain sailing.   but you came for advice and i can't not be truthful here.   the only otherway to better gauge you chances is to SAR Barclaycard , get everything they hold. that will show you the cards that Link will have to play with , they might well be pants.      
    • I have read everything about these cowboys but need a little advice. I was issued my fine on 9/12/19 but only received a dated letter on 11/01/20.   Ive had all the threatening letters from DRP and now Zenith and ignored them all. My wife was driving our car but yet its my dad who's getting all the letters as he's the registered owner. They managed to get my number and rang me today, I busted them for being the same company but the guy on the phone was super aggressive. I said to him Ive spoken to Trading Standards and they told me by law a ticket has to be issued within 14 days of the offence. But as you can see it was over a month, I said this to the aggressive dude on the phone who actually knew way to much about parking fines. So I think they are actually under the same umbrella as VCS also.   He was firing back that the law doesn't state that and I should look at 2012 laws or something and the DVLA, and it takes time to get my details from the DVLA to issue my charge????   Does this mean anything to anyone pls Regards   Stuart
    • Thanks to both of you, I've PM'd Ericsbrother.   dx - I wonder if you would be able to suggest a couple of hypothetical basic defences that you think would be valid  (just to see if it sparks any thoughts of a different approach I could take)?
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

6-months arrears on credit report from HSBC mortgage payment holiday

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3686 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In August 2005 I took out an HSBC Mortgage. In September 2005, I went back to university to study for a full-time MBA.

To help with cash flow, HSBC kindly offered a 6-month payment holiday.

I took the payment holiday option in December 2005 with the mortgage payment holiday ending end of May 2005.

In June 2006 I received a call saying my mortgage account was 6-months overdue. I explained the Mortgage Holiday and was sternly told, “HSBC doesn’t do Mortgage Payment holidays – and all money must be immediately repaid.”

WTF...?

I arranged a payment plan to pay off the £4,400 ‘holiday arrears’ over the next 24 payments. It was about £180 per month.

But because of the HSBC Mortgage Holiday, my credit score has been destroyed. My Equifax credit report lists me a “Poor” and shows 6-months mortgage arrears from the period June 2006.

ScreenHunter_06 Aug. 14 13.18.jpg

Is there any publicly available evidence showing HSBC have given out bad advice with Mortgage payment Holidays?

I need to get this removed from my credit file and will call the HSBC Mortgage arrears team – on Monday (08456 029 512).

Before I call, I need your help to provide previous examples of HSBC giving out bad 'Mortgage Payment Holiday' advice...

Any sources or ideas?

Hi Adrian,

Surely you had some form of paperwork you had to fill out to apply for the mortgage holiday? Can you not provide them with the evidence that they agreed to this?

I took a mortgage holiday a couple of years back and there was reams of forms to sign before they let me miss one month!!

Have you checked your statements for that (holiday) period Adrian ..... My daughter (who is has been given a mortgage holiday with Halifax) tells me that although it was done over the phone (no paperwork) the next statement confirmed the fact that she was taking this holiday ........

If not , as Hugh says ... there should be something somewhere to support it ............maybe if you SAR them? Then they'll have to produce notes /letters referring to it ........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Something is seriously awry with HSBC these days. They are using these bulk automated debt recovery systems that run roughshod over individual customers arrangements. Presumably you can dispute a mortagage account? Ask them for their final response and then file a FOS complaint form.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Good advice from The Debt Star there Adrian :), however, if you SAR them first at least you'll have some paperwork to support your complaint to FOS ... they prefer you to have exhausted 'all other avenues' before they take your claim seriously ......and you may even be able to go back to HSBC with the ammunition they are required to send you .....

Meanwhile , your Mortgage account is 'In Dispute' .......tell them so when they start asking for money ..... they're not allowed to chase you for it until the dispute is settled .....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D