Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3339 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I just thought I'd leave a review of Killer Mobile software, if anyone is thinking of purchasing it for their mobile phone. One peice of their software, supposedly, blocks unwanted calls (BlackBaller). Their other main peice of software is supposed to automatically record all incoming calls (TotalRecall).

Sadly, I have tried both of these programs and NEITHER of them worked. After continual contacts with their support team, the software does not block calls and does not automatically record anything. :( In all, the software only cost around £15, but it was £15 and a lot of time that was wasted and the Canadian company refuse to make refunds. :S I'm not sure if that is legal, so I'm looking into it.

There are other, similar software names that I'm about to try. I'll post the results, should anyone be interested.

This guy conveniently leaves out a few details:

- He ordered the software over a year ago on Wednesday, 15 July 2009

- Our merchant account limits the refund period to 60 days

- Chargebacks are even limited to 90 days (I believe 180 days if it's over a certain amount)

- We can't find any record of him asking for assistance, and in our last few exchanges, he doesn't mention what his device model is, problems he's having, or even reference the order for the second application

- We offer free, full featured, 14 day demos of every single application we sell. We literally insist that users download and test the software before purchase. This is indicated on the application product page, the checkout terms, and on the final note before the user finally submits to purchase the application (Yes, you got it right, it's mentioned 3 times).

- Our refund policy, clearly posted during the checkout policity indicates that not refund can be made once a registration code for the product has been issued.

- The vast majority of the time, issues with our products are caused by the end user simply not understanding how to use the software. You can see that this guy clearly leaves out what specifically doesn't work, device model, version of the application, etc, etc.

Really, at the end of the day, he's probably hard up for cash, and figured this is an easy way to get it back. Unfortunately the real world simply doesn't work that way.

You be the judge here, but if you think it's rational to request a refund for a downloadable software product after over 1 year's time, then you can start a club with this guy.

Josh @ Killer Mobile

You be the judge here, but if you think it's rational to request a refund for a downloadable software product after over 1 year's time, then you can start a club with this guy.

WOW - You knew all the above from a forum name?

We are in the 21st century and people are allowed a view, his was 'it doesn't work'.

People could make their own minds up on what they read, but to publically oust someone on a forum, short of his name and address is a little naughty in my eyes.

If there aren't many UK purchasers ldt then it would be easy to tie the two together.

What I get from the original post is that 'it is advertised as being able to block and record calls but customer services has admitted that it don't'. If I am reading it correctly, then it is false advertising.

If the claim is that 'it does work as advertised' then perhaps the instruction leave a lot to be desired.

I'm not sure what you're reading (maybe english isn't the primary language on this forum), but the applications clearly work as suggested. We've been building and selling mobile apps since 2003, and if our software didn't actually work, we wouldn't be in business. And as stated previously, we insist the user trials the app prior to purchase, and the user in question hasn't even mentiond what is "not working". But just like any software, there can and will be the occasional issue, which in many cases ends up being a conflict with another program, or a corrupted memory in the device (a common smartphone issue, especially since most users are used to non smart-phones that just run without issues - but when you start allowing software into the picture, issues can and will arrise).

In any event, the point of the matter is that it's not possible to issue a refund after this period of time. Why don't you log into your PayPal account (this seems very popular here) and check for it's refund period which is 60 days!

I'm not sure what you're reading (maybe english isn't the primary language on this forum), but the applications clearly work as suggested.

Ummmm. I speak English. The person is entitled to an opinion though, and like I previously said, in his opinion, your software does not work. Maybe he has done something wrong, or maybe the software don't actually work in his scenario. You cannot silence people if they feel wronged, it's how you react to it, that makes the difference.

You have reacted badly in my eyes, coming onto a public forum and discussing specifics that should not have been made imo - The fact that you relate this person by a username to a specific transaction from over a year ago, rings bells to me. So you must have been aware of any issues, as I fail to see how one post could possibly be so productive.

In any event, the point of the matter is that it's not possible to issue a refund after this period of time. Why don't you log into your PayPal account (this seems very popular here) and check for it's refund period which is 60 days!

But you don't offer refunds anyway. By your own admission.

- Our refund policy, clearly posted during the checkout policity indicates that not refund can be made once a registration code for the product has been issued.

So trying to shift the blame or even trying to justify that any chargeback policy does not allow you to refund etc is just foolish.

It's the internet you will never silence people. Build a bridge and get over it.

My english comment was directed at Conniff, not you. He claimed we stated that the software doesn't work, which couldn't be further from the truth. Also, we've released zero details on the trasnsaction other than the date, so I really fail to see your complaint here. The rest of the specifics deal with our standard policies. There's no way we're going to let a customer come onto a public forum and conveniently leave out the details when attempting to bash us. And no, you're wrong again - while our policy states that no refunds will be issued after a registration code has been issued, we do in fact review each and every request and if the user has a valid reason for the request (ie, purchased for a non-compatible device, duplicate orders, etc) we will in fact make refunds from time to time. But when a user comes to use 13 months after the fact, with vague complaints and no details, we cannot and will not issue a refund and that's very reasonable.

In any event, get the club started, I can see common sense and rational thinking don't reign on this forum. This is our last response to this thread. Our point was simply to offer our side of the story, since the original poster's perspective was lacking details and was essentially slander.

Josh

In any event, get the club started, I can see common sense and rational thinking don't reign on this forum.

As for the rational thinking comment, just for the record, I never said that I actually agreed with the OP or that he should have a refund. I said, he was entitled to an opinion.

The only club I am now in, is the, 'I too won't be buying your software club'.

Have a nice day!

Edited by letsdothis
Hi, I just thought I'd leave a review of Killer Mobile software, if anyone is thinking of purchasing it for their mobile phone. One peice of their software, supposedly, blocks unwanted calls (BlackBaller). Their other main peice of software is supposed to automatically record all incoming calls (TotalRecall).

Sadly, I have tried both of these programs and NEITHER of them worked. After continual contacts with their support team, the software does not block calls and does not automatically record anything. :( In all, the software only cost around £15, but it was £15 and a lot of time that was wasted and the Canadian company refuse to make refunds. :S I'm not sure if that is legal, so I'm looking into it.

There are other, similar software names that I'm about to try. I'll post the results, should anyone be interested.

I'm not sure what you're reading (maybe english isn't the primary language on this forum), but the applications clearly work as suggested. We've been building and selling mobile apps since 2003, and if our software didn't actually work, we wouldn't be in business. And as stated previously, we insist the user trials the app prior to purchase, and the user in question hasn't even mentiond what is "not working". But just like any software, there can and will be the occasional issue, which in many cases ends up being a conflict with another program, or a corrupted memory in the device (a common smartphone issue, especially since most users are used to non smart-phones that just run without issues - but when you start allowing software into the picture, issues can and will arrise).

My english comment was directed at Conniff, not you. He claimed we stated that the software doesn't work, which couldn't be further from the truth. Also, we've released zero details on the trasnsaction other than the date, so I really fail to see your complaint here. The rest of the specifics deal with our standard policies. There's no way we're going to let a customer come onto a public forum and conveniently leave out the details when attempting to bash us. And no, you're wrong again - while our policy states that no refunds will be issued after a registration code has been issued, we do in fact review each and every request and if the user has a valid reason for the request (ie, purchased for a non-compatible device, duplicate orders, etc) we will in fact make refunds from time to time. But when a user comes to use 13 months after the fact, with vague complaints and no details, we cannot and will not issue a refund and that's very reasonable.

In any event, get the club started, I can see common sense and rational thinking don't reign on this forum. This is our last response to this thread. Our point was simply to offer our side of the story, since the original poster's perspective was lacking details and was essentially slander.

Josh

"After continual contact with their support team" - If the support couldn't get it to work, then it is plainly faulty. Making excuses that it might be a software conflict is not good enough, if you know this happens, then there should be a warning on the site that this happens and in bold writing.

How dare you come on here uninvited, as a company representative and think you can insult me. If that is the level of service the OP had from your support people, there is no wonder in him coming on here and voicing his opinion as to the way he has been treated.

Mouthing off the way you have I think backs up exactly the type of company you have.

Don't give us the 'slander' crap, he has given a very balanced view of how it was for him and has shared that view with other. Your attitude stinks and that is shown on the front page of your site with such remarks as - Infringe on our copyright and you will be hunted down like the dog you are!, hardly the saying of a respectable company.

P.S. I think you are the one with the English problem - Slander = spoken word. It's not an audio forum so no slander.

Edited by Conniff
  • 11 months later...

I must say, whilst I cannot comment on this particular situation, I have Total Recall and it has always worked fine. I did have a query on it once, and KillerMobile responded to me almost immediately with the answer.

If nothing else, this thread provides an interesting perspective on customer service in the colonies.

The attitude reminds me of the rather obnoxious French-Canadian soldiers I encountered in the Balkans. A shame really, because Canadians generally are very pleasant people.