style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I wonder if you could answer my question?

I am renting a flat through an estate agent, My contract was initially for 6 months which started on the 10th Oct 2009.After the 6 month agreement I decided i wanted to go on to a rolling monthly contract, which was fine with the landlord.I believe Ionly need to serve 1 months notice, and the landlord needs to give me 2 months ...is this correct?

Should I decide to give notice does it need to be served by the 10th of the month, or does this date not have any significance now?

Much appreciated.

Yes Craig the 10th is all important

If you pay your rent on the 10th then if you want to leave you will have to give a months notice on the 10th and then move out on the day before its due again.

I would personally put the notice in on the 9th to be safe

Edited by callumsgran
add on

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Thanks, much appreciated

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I would personally put the notice in on the 9th to be safe
You can hand the notice in at any time, the earlier the better. It must be in writing and give the landlord a minimum of 1 months notice, and as you have already discovered, you will be liable for rent until the 9th of the month. If you leave on the 10th, you will be liable for rent until the 9th of the following month.

You can hand the notice in at any time, the earlier the better. It must be in writing and give the landlord a minimum of 1 months notice, and as you have already discovered, you will be liable for rent until the 9th of the month. If you leave on the 10th, you will be liable for rent until the 9th of the following month.

Yes thanks snorkerz, i dont really see why you had to comment? i'd already explained everything to craig but hey never mind.

Is it your intention to be last voice heard on every thread?