The Funding Corperation

mashhead
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, I am seeking advice on the following:

My wife bought a ford focus back in 2004 for £5500 or so. She has been making payments regularly with no issues or missing any payments.

Recently we fell pregnant and we are expect our 1st daughter together, we are in the fortunate position to be able to live on the one wage, and so my wife after 13 years of being a career person has decided to give up work for good to make more babies and be a mum :)

We made the decision to hand the car back as its now five years old, and has recently had alot of issues. Plus its an automatic and we want soemthing a little more economical and safer for the kiddies.

Having payed back over £5500 our terms and conditions stipulate that we can hand the car back to them without any penalty. We sent them a letter requesting this and were shocked to discover that they want to charge us a total of £190 or so for the inspection and admin and that the car neads to be perfect. The thing is the car isnt perfect, its been used and abused like any other standard car.

I wanted to ask what our rights are. Do we have to pay them the £190? or can we dispute it. what are our rights?

Kind Regards

Marc

£190 or so for the inspection and admin and that the car neads to be perfect. The thing is the car isnt perfect, its been used and abused like any other standard car.

I wanted to ask what our rights are. Do we have to pay them the £190? or can we dispute it. what are our rights?

Was the £190 made aware to you at the time of the contract if not and you have grounds to prove it it could be considered an unfair contract term voiding the contract but you'd need to do some research on here to establish that, probably its a long shot.

Re Perfect well no car is going to be perfect after five years, so it will fall down to what is reasonable to expect the condition to be in, subject to mileage and fair wear and tear. Best is to speak to dealers and look at similar aged and mileage cars that are in excellent or v good condition, you will note in glasses guide or Parkers for example there is no pricing for Perfect! And establish where your car falls in that. Take your car along to several dealers and ask for a trade in value and get their view on the condition try to get something in writing expressing that.

Perhaps post your contract conditions on line for more legal view points on the contract and its fairness.

Surely this far through the HP the car must be worth more than what is still owed on it? Usually the time to VT a car is when you have paid approx 1/2 of the total payable, but the car is valued at less than is still owed on it. This is usually around about mis way through the time period depending on what size deposit you put down.