Grievance Appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of appealing against the outcome of a formal grievance I made against my employer, my grievance having been entirely rejected by my employer.

Should my employer reject the appeal (and there doesn't seem to be any provision for second appeal), do I have to enter into any pre-action protocol or wait for any time period before making an application to ET?

Hi Elpulpo. I don't know the answer, sorry. I imagine you've checked out all the websites like ACAS, directgov and the Tribunals Service?

We're with you. I hope someone turns up soon with some answers for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If the appeal is rejected then your employer should state it is their final decision (some major companies will advise can take to another level some don't) and if possible the appeal should be dealt with someome more senior if poss.

SO they shoudl state final decision on their right up so there is no waiting time to take to ET after that

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Usually there are stages - so you have your formal grievance and thats not what your happy with so you appeal, once you hear back from the appeal if you are still not happy you either take it to someone higher within the organisation if possible otherwise you inform your employer that you'll be taking it to an ET unless they can resolve matters or suggest a resolve. Then if nothing comes back within say 14 days, go to and ET and see what they suggest your rights are depending on what the grievance was... if your employer felt and had valid reason to think the grievance was malicious then you might not have a case, however if it involves, bullying, harassment, discrimination and equality you will have ground on different levels to take it to the highest and see some resolve in the end.