legal advice

zooch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

1. One side me the claiment wants to go through mediation but the other side refuses. From legal advice I have a good chance of winning. Will the defendant aviod settlement if they think they are going to lose or is this intimidation on their part?

2. Judge have ordered defendant to explain why they wont go to mediation? Does that mean judge thinks I have good chance of winning because judge have asked this?

3. With regards to number 2 judge giving both defendant and I to either set aside, stay etc. What is the best for me?

4. In a letter teh defendant was offensive. How can I complian to the judge. What is the best way? By order or just write a letter to judge?

thanks

1 - If they refuse mediation this could have cost implications for them

2 - The Judge wants this explanation for the reason I stated above

3 - I do not know what you are on about to be honest

4 - It depends on what was written in the letter

Perhaps some details on the case would help?

Hello,

It is a DDA case. I do not want to add anymore details at the stage.

1.The defendant asked in a letter if I can speak or if people understood me. It has no bearing on the case whatsoever.How can I complain to the judge as was very hurtful?

2. The order was for the defendant to explain why no mediations. The judge give either of us to set aside this order, stay etc. What should I do?

1 - Why was it hurtful to be questioned whether or not you can speak or if people understand you?

2 - Setting aside this order is simply discarding the need for an explanation. Staying it means it can be put to one side whilst the rest of the case progresses. I think the judge is saying the outstanding order is holding up the progression of the proceedings and needs to be resolved. The other option should be to enforce compliance with the order.

hello,

Because I am in a wheelchair and what relevant does this have to whether I can speak or not. They have asked a personal question to have no bearing on the case.

How to I enforce the order?

hello,

Because I am in a wheelchair and what relevant does this have to whether I can speak or not. They have asked a personal question to have no bearing on the case.

How to I enforce the order?

I don't understand how this can be considered insulting? Perhaps you are being overly sensitive to the line of questioning?

But then I only have what you are writing here to go on. Without giving me any other details I cannot decide what context in which to put it.