Cabot financial and interest

rabbi62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I HAD A CREDIT CARD WITH MONUMENT, I DEFAULTED ON IT IN 2004 CABOT FINANCIAL CONTACTED ME SAYING I OWED £1300, BUT THE DEFAULT AMOUNT ON MY CREDIT FILE WAS £784. i RANG STRAIGHT AWAY TO DISPUTE THE AMOUNT OWED. CABOT SAID I NEED TO PHONE MONUMENT AS CABOT DONT ADD CHARGES OR INTEREST ONCE THEY HAVE THE DEBT. I PHONED MONUMENT AND THEY PASSED ME BACK TO CABOT, CABOT THEN SAID THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPLY CHARGES ETC UNTIL A PAYMENT PLAN HAS BEEN AGREED. IS THIS CORRECT CAN THEY ADD INTEREST?

THANKS

First thing I always suggest is not to talk to these people on the telephone, as you have found out they lie and threaten and tie you in knots.

Have you gone down the CCA route yet to prove that Cabot even have the right to contact you, and that Monument actually have an enforceable agreement?

Don't worry about the rights and wrongs of who can add interest yet.

Guest Cartaphilus

Hope you don't mind but would your present situation have anything to do with this older thread of yours? If only to get some more history on it. Only I saw it mentioned Cabot and Monument, that you had already CCA'd them?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?211619-Ruthbridge-Financial&highlight=

Guest Cartaphilus

My apologies but someone named 'Steward' keeps putting that big advert in my posts (well, sometimes) :D

YEs thats correct I CCA Cabot and they then passed it on to another company called allpay ltd. I have not spoke to allpay ltd yet, I have only contacted cabot regarding the disputed amount.