Jump to content

Tax credtis paid to both (separated) parents for same child


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I need some help with the wording for the tax credit overpayment appeal form.


My daughter spent last year between both me and her dad. I was claiming tax credits and without telling me my ex also put her on his claim. HMRC tell me they should have had procedures in place to ensure two people aren't claiming for the same child but obviously in this case the procedures failed.


I notified them immediately I found out and they have now decided I need to pay back all the tax credits from when they paid both of us......£3,000.


I don't want to just say on the form "where do you think a 7 year old came from, thin air?" but I really don't know how to word it so I have a chance of appealling.


I know it is an unusual situation, and I certainly haven't found any other case like it on any forums.


Any help would really be appreciated.



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...