Where should i start?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had debt for a long time but i have just buried my head in the sand and ignored it, i have thrown away letters that came. Nobody has my phone number so i wasn't being hassled that way but 2 nights ago, a debt collector came to the door. My partner answered and the guy asked him if i lived at this address and told him they was from Scotcall debt collection, my partner told them i do live here. I told my partner to tell them i wasn't willing to speak to them at the door and would only communicate in writing, they guy made a note of this and went on his way. I really do not want any more visits and i want to get everything sorted but i havent got a clue where to start.

I am currently on maternity leave and my pay will shortly be dropping to statutory maternity pay so i am not really going to have much money to spare.

My main debts are with the Halifax and i believe this is what the debt collection guy had called about. I have 3 current accounts all with overdrafts, the overdraft limits were £1500, £500 and £500 - i maxed them all out but now charges and interest have been added on, according to my internet banking, i owe £3160.94 in total. The date i last paid anything into the Halifax was probably around March 2008.

I also have a credit card with the Halifax, the balance is showing as £1703.79 on internet banking. The date i last paid anything was February 2008.

I have other debts for a couple of store cards and a capital one card but i probably havent paid anything on these for over 5 years. I do not think i have had any letters about these for a long time so wouldnt even know which debt collection agency owned these now, as i remember they got passed around a lot.

As i say, i dont know where to start in getting this mess sorted. I dont think i will have kept any letters regarding any of this debt. I got a letter yesterday from Westcot requesting me to pay the balance of my biggest overdraft but it didnt mention any of my other Halifax accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and Welcome,

Regarding the Credit Cards and Store Cards, you can re-claim any charges on these accounts.

Best thing to do is start a new thread in each of your origional creditors Forums , give some detail of what the score is with the account at the moment.

There's stacks of people on this site who will be willing to help you, a lot of them have or have been at some time, in the same sort of situation you find yourself in, been there myself.

If you need some help finding the Forums, give me a list of your creditors and I'll give you a link to the Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert