Service paid for but not supplied. Refund request ignored. Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya,

back in march of this year, i contacted a company about having some work completed on an engine crankshaft, and supplying some new parts to me. i sent the crankshaft off to the company along with a cheque valued at £205.33 for the crankshaft work and the parts.

in may i contacted the company, who told me that the work was not worth doing to the crankshaft, but i could send them another crankshaft and another £160 to have the work done to the new crankshaft.

i replied to thier email, informing them that i did not have another crankshaft, and that i was unsure why i had to pay again for work that had not been completed by them. the email was ignored

i sent another asking for a refund for the work which they had not done, the new parts which they had not supplied, and also asked for my crankshaft to be returned to me.

i have not had a single reply to my emails, and they do not answer the phone, so im now sat here £205.33 out of pocket and without my crankshaft (which i actually need for my university final year project).

i was informed by my friend that i should try sending a '7 day letter before action' to try and spur them into life, but its now been 2 weeks since i sent one by recorded delivery (sent on 23/07/10), which was delivered on 07/08/10, (so technically, thanks to a 2 week delay in the 1st class post, they still have until next tuesday for 7 business days to reply) but they have still not replied to my emails, letter, or attempted to contact me by telephone.

i was just wondering what my next steps would be.

if i havent heard by next wednesday, should i then move on to moneyclaim?

any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading.

The first thing to do is work out what is happening with the company, if it's worth the trouble to chase up.

£205.33 is a lot of money but if there's nothing in their bank to sue for it might be better to cut the losses.

:eek:

i have checked companies house for "Hales Honda" and no sign of them on companies house register, so it might be a sole trader.

the cheque was made payable to a personal account too. does this make a difference??

it does seem a bonafide place and probarbly run from home by the address

If you do not get a repsonse from your lba ten yes proceed with moneyclaim

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)