• Tweets

• My job I've been in for 8 years, my contract is to give a week's notice.   I have 10 days holiday coming up starting next week. If I message the boss 3 days into that holiday and tell him I'm not coming back can it be used as 7 days notice (ie a week). I have a lot of holiday entitlement left this year about 70 hours.   So 2 questions please without judgement just facts:   1. If I phone boss three days into my 10 day holiday next week to formally tell him I'm quitting is that legal? 2. Can they get out of paying me my 70hrs holiday entitlement if I take that route?   (Massive global company not one man and his dog operation, if it affects the advice)  
    • Hi everyone. We purchased a new bed from dreams 26/12/2017 which was delivered 01/02/2018.  We also purchased their delivery, assembly, take the old one away, tv, mattress, mattress protector, pillows and their 'bed cover' 8 years extended warranty.  We paid by 30 monthly interest free instalments and so just made the final payment.   It is a heavy duty king size lift up storage bed with a built in tv at the end.  It has always been a struggle to lift, my wife cannot do it on her own and it rarely stays up by itself.   At the beginning of this year, we noticed it had started to dip considerably in the middle.  Not the mattress, but the wooden base the mattress is on.  So on 09/02/2020 I emailed them about the issue.  They started by saying the mattress is not covered only the base, until I pointed out it is the base at fault not the mattress.  So they sent out Homeserve on the 25/02/2020 to come and repair.  He did what he called a temporary repair, said that the bed had failed due to a manufacturing or design fault (the metal bolts holding the wooden base to the lift up supports have pulled out of the wood) and that dreams would be in touch to arrange a replacement.  His temporary repair barely lasted a day, the bed was still dipping and he took plenty of photos for himself but seemed in a mad rush to leave.   Of course they didn't contact us, so on 30/03/2020 I emailed them back.  01/04/2020 they emailed back confirming in writing that it is a manufacturing fault and their sales team would contact me, however as expected due to Covid-19 this may take a while.   30/06/2020 I asked for an update.  03/07/2020 they replied saying their claims department would contact me within 5 working days.  They didn't. 15/07/2020 I emailed back asking them to escalate my complaint as well as providing a refund and compensation as we are now struggling to sleep and experiencing back ache due to the bed's extreme dipping, plus I am worried about the mattress getting damaged. 23/07/2020 They replied saying we are not entitled to a refund as it is a guarantee claim and they have passed it once again this time to their guarantee company to contact us. I have still not heard back.   This is now getting beyond a joke and I wanted some guidance on how I should proceed.  We are struggling to sleep in the bed and cannot now even open the bed to access our belongings inside as as soon as you try and lift you hear the sound of breaking wood.   Many thanks  
    • bit obv really... don't eat yellow snow either.   dx  
    • I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
desidude

Cca - fraud - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

my first post hope I do this right

Ok I have had 2 letters from 2 different DCA about credit cards from MBNA(RED) and EGG(Cabot)

The letters from DCA have have my name and address but for a female (mrs) instead of Male. (I am male)

I quickly requested a CCA. Red were unable to provide one and after a while sent me a letter saying I am not the correct person and so apologised and said I would not hear from them again. Someone has been using my details with a different gender to do credit card fraud between 2005 - 2007 by the looks of things.

I received a CCA from Cabot about the EGG card. They have sent me a CCA from 2005 for a Female (MRS) but with my name and address. This person was drawing cash in large amounts daily from cash points. I live in a place with a mail room and there has been alot of cases of people stealing mail from them in the past.

Any recommendations for people more knowledgeable than me. I am not used this kind of thing and I have been worrying deeply.

As a side note the CCA looks very brief and had no mention of cash charges etc

Thanks in advance.

I've unapproved four duplicated threads which probably occured because of our server. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Have you reported the fraud? http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just spoke to the DCA on the phone. The guy said he agreed it all looked very strange. He also said the fact that the person with the card was taking out 500 pounds a day until the card maxed out was likely fraud. He said he would pass it to another dept to look into.

Thanks for the website I will use that too

Guest Cartaphilus
I just spoke to the

DCA
link3.gif
on the phone. The guy said he agreed it all looked very strange. He also said the fact that the person with the card was taking out 500 pounds a day until the card maxed out was likely fraud. He said he would pass it to another dept to look into.

Just a tip for the future but I would have no further contact with them by phone.

He said he would pass it to another dept to look into.

I think you would need to follow that up in writing as I am afraid when they usually say things like that ... they don't normally mean it and then you will find nothing was done later. It's fairly common amongst DCAs.

Essentially, don't bother with the DCA and speak to the proper channels eg through those links.

Guest HeftyHippo

Dont bother with the DCAs, write to the card companies themselves and explain teh situation. Send it recorded and ask for a response along with a confirmation that you will not be associated with this debt in any way.

Guest Cartaphilus

Like I said total waste of time communicating with a DCA.

Keep as much correspondence about these matters as possible. As has already been suggested do nothing now by telephone. Anything you send must be by Recorded Delivery. Again, as suggested write to each card company, with copies of anything you have been sent (keep originals). Send by Recorded Delivery. Whilst there is differing opinions on reporting this to the Police it would not hurt to at least telephone them (not 999 obviously) and ask their advise.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks for the great advice!

Can I at all be liable for this card when all the documentation and agreements are for a female?

I am just worried about where I stand in all this. I can see from my credit record that they have entered a default against me for this.

Now I am deeply worried

bypass all idiot dcas etc go straight to the police and get a crime number then let them and the card holder sort it out!.

Can I demand that the default be removed by the DCA

I can see from my credit record that they have entered a default against me for this.

Now I am deeply worried

Contact the police (non-emergency - it may be best to go to the police station in person), and report the facts. Get a crime number. Then write to the DCAs with the crime number and insist that they remove any inaccurate data from CRA records at once. Finally, contact the CRAs (quote the crime number and enclose copies of your letters to the DCAs) and insist that they remove inaccurate data at once.

Can I demand that the default be removed by the DCA
Yes and if they refuse make a complaint to the ICO https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx Plus anyone who marks your credit file with incorrect information can be sued for libel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks I will do that

When I went to the police station in person before they didnt want to know and asked me to sort it with the DCA directly

When I told the DCA that he said thats normally the case cause the police feel its the banks fault for giving out a credit card incorrectly.

I will go back to the police and insist that they give me a crime ref number and I will mail that to the DCA and CRA

Did you do what I suggested in post #3? They'll give you a crime number.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am unable to use that site as when I answer the questions it says I cannot go further and should report it to my local police station

I received a letter today from DCA saying the account is hold pending me sending them information. Am I obligated to send them anything other than a crime ref no ?

Am I obligated to send them anything other than a crime ref no ?
In a word.... NO. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]