tonitots

Halifax debt recovery

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, i'm in need of some advice on what to do if anything.

I have a bank account with halifax with a £100 oerdraft, i never went over the limit. I left my account and didn't use it for a while, when i checked next they had charged me interest of £1.07 which went over my overdraft limit, they then charged me an extra £28 on top for going over. At this point i didn't have a job due to ill health and couldn't pay it back. They then charged me anoth £1.41 interest and again another £28 on top. Then the new bank charges came into act and i was being charged £150 a month in charges. I phoned them and arranged a re payment plan which i have kept up with. The other day i got a letter saying that they are now passing my account over to debt recovery unless i pay the full amount by next week which is £297. I'm not going to be able to pay this and now i'm worried about what is going to happen. I have rung the retail bank collections and they have said my repayment plan is still in place and that i should keep paying it but i will get a letter from debt recovery. I'm now scared of what is going to happen and if there is anything i can do.

If anybody knows anything that could help me i would really appreciate it. Thank you

Hi....tonitots,,,,,,,,first do not phone them,deal with them only in writing,at the present time you only have their word(not to be trusted) that the the repayment plan is still in place and to continue to pay them.................I would suggest that you continue to pay them what you can afford and no more,their threat of debt recovery will probably be Blair Oliver & Scott they are the in house debt collectors for Halifax so in effect you are still dealing with Halifax,once you have a firm arrangement in place IN WRITING,then you can look at getting the charges and interest refunded(the charges they are making are way outside of OFT guidelines)............You say you are not working due to ill health,do you have another bank account?????????????? I assume you are getting some help financially????????????Do you have a Halifax credit cards?????????????...................depends on your answers which way to proceed................FS

Edited by firstship
bad spelling