wrackard

Landlord stalling on clearing property from garage and TDS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3655 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi hoping I can get some advice on what to do about my landlord stalling on removing his property from the garage at the rear of the property, and also about the TDS.

First a quick background:

I first viewed the property through an agent as the landlord was not managing the property at the time. I was told that the garage at the rear of the property was included in the rent and it stated so on the online description of the house.

At that time the neither the agent nor the tennants at the time had access to the garage and it was full of the landlords property/jumble/junk.

I paied my deposit and the 1st months rent to the agent, and signed a contract with the agent acting on behalf of the landlord. (the garage is not mentioned on the tennancy agreement however)

Upon moving into the property I had no access to the garage as the agent had not been given the keys from the landlord and all the junk was still inside, but I was assured by the agent that the landlord would be over within the week to clear it out and hand over the keys. The landlord did come over that week at which time he informed me that he would be managing the property from now on and not the agency (who I had previously been told to pay the rent to) and gave me his bank details instead. He sorted out the stuff in the garage into a pile of Junk and a pile of stuff he said he would remove at a later date as he was moving house himself "in a couple of weeks".

And so it remained for around 4 weeks, with me inquiring every so often when he was going to remove his property, he finally rang up last week and asked for access to the garage so he could "remove the junk" for me I gave him a time when I would be in so he could collect the keys and he said he would drop them back through the letterbox when he had finished. I came back later the same day, the pile of junk had been removed...but he had also increased the pile of stuff in storage (almost double the amount!) so far he has not replied to my texts or phonecalls as to when this will be removed, he also still has the keys!

The other query I have is regarding the TDS, I had not even thought about this before visiting this site...but I have not recieved notification that it is in a scheme from either the agent (to whom I paid the deposit) or the landlord.

So in summary:

• Where do I stand regards the landlord keeping his property in the garage?
  • Do you think it is resonable to seek compensation for him using it as a lockup?
  • Should I seek to have a new tenanncy agreement made up directly with the Landlord?
  • Who is liable for the deposit? would it be the agency I paid it to or the landlord now he has taken over the management (which he did so within 14 days of moving in)