Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi all,   Got a letter back from the court acknowledging my defence and setting out that a copy is being sent to the claimant or their legals. It says that they have 28 days to contact Tye court or the case will be stayed. The only action they will have is that they’ll need to get a judge to lift the ‘stay’.   I might yet win!   cheers,   H    
    • You should simply have put... the ccj was filed to my old address i knew nothing about it the debt was already statute barred by the time the claim form issuance. An n244 is being filed to suspend the warrant and set aside the judgement.   I thankyou for your time.    
    • Good well if they file that rubbish if they ever let the claim get to the disclosure stage the judge and you will laugh them out the door.    
    • Hi All,   No the stepson did not let them in, he phoned me whilst they were at the door because we have an autistic child in the house and get very upset if things are not of a routine or strangers at the door.   I have tried phoning Northampton bulk but could not get through and have since emailed them, will try again on Monday.   I did tell the bailiff's when they initial came on the phone that the debt was statue barred but as expected they ignored the information that I conveyed, even after this email correspondence i sent them below on the 2nd May 2022.       To Whom it May concern. Enforcement Agent Reference Number:  6011681526   You have contacted me about a sum of money owed to Southern Water Services Ltd to which you claim I owe. I have taken advice from the CAB and a Debt advisor and I do not admit any liability for your claim, unless it can proved otherwise then I have no problem in paying any outstanding money owed and would be more than happy to set up a payment plan.   This debt was actually in dispute from 2011 to 2013 due to myself being unlawfully overcharged for a water leak outside of a previous property that I lived at and is actually statue barred and has been for a long time, I was evicted from 236 White Hart Lane in Portchester in January 2014 where this bill originally stems from, to which I then moved to the Alabare Ex forces supported housing project at 24 Beech Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5DL From: February 2014 to August 2014.   Under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5:   “An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”   Also, the Financial Conduct Authority's Consumer Credit sourcebook states the following.   "...a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period." 7.15.4 "A firm must not continue to demand payment from a customer after the customer has stated that he will not be paying the debt because it is statute barred." 7.15.8   ‘Unless you can prove otherwise’.   Freedom of information request 2000     Within this email I am requesting to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from Southern Water Services Ltd & yourselves Court Enforcement Services..   Please may you provide me with:   All Account information relating to this and any other accounts in my name.   The address that the ccj paperwork was sent to in 2020 so as to clarify that it was sent to the wrong address, which means that I had no way of defending myself legally in this matter and the judgement could have been set aside.   Please provide this information in the form of an email.   If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.   If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined, I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.   If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request.   Unless you can provide evidence that you own the aforementioned alleged debt that I owe or evidence of payment or a written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the amount you allege I owe.   If any representative from Court Enforcement Services or associated companies arrives at my girlfriends property without a prior appointment made with myself it will be taken in a vexatious noncompliant manner on your part.   This email has been cc’d to The Trading Standards, The Financial Conduct Authority, The Financial Ombudsman and The Legal Ombudsman       Please confirm in writing within the statutory 21 days Which is from the 2nd May 2022.       Yours faithfully  
    • Hi all I have a problem. 3 month ago I got caught because I used grandmother's freedom Oyster card by mistake only once. I received letter they asked me to reply with in 10 day, then I sent email and I explained that I use it by mistake  2 weeks ago I received email (they dispose of this matter by means of a warning) I am worried now, because I am not sure if this warning affect my citizenship application, and not sure if I have to declare this waring. Please help me, and sorry for my bad English.     
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

wife claimed PPI back from HSBC, now findout shortchanged?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

About 18 months ago my wife claimed PPI back from HSBC.


They were very quick to offer the money and also to get her to accept.

I didnt think it was a lot but we accepted.


Recently we did a CCA and lo and behold it looks like both our application forms are not valid or enforceable.


No wonder they were quick to sort it out.

She accepted as full and final settlement I think.


My question is can she ask for a breakdown of the PPI she paid over the years and check if they have screwed us over with the payment and if they have can we put in another claim against them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

it matters not if the cca is un-en or not, the debt still exists and that should not affect your ppi reclaim.


t might be an idea to scan up the cca and let cag members decided if the ppi refund was ok


scan your sheets/agreements

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can convince a court that you have been misled into accepting full & final when their whole agreement was unenforceable then yes you can claim. However I suspect the lender will argue you agreed to full & final therefore you will have to look to the courts for permission to proceed to a declaration of unenforceability

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...