Help needed - renting on DMP??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly may I thank you for any help you can offer and apologies if i've posted in the wrong area!

I am currently living in my Mums house and due to her death I am having to sell (had an offer, waiting for the sale to go trough)

I am on a DMP with Payplan and all my debts will be settled once the house as sold and the estate as been settled

I have horrendous credit but my other halves is pretty perfect. And my nerves are shot to pieces about where we can live!

I have emailed some letting agents and they are unable to help due to my credit!

Once the estate has been settled and I have the money, I will be able to pay rent in advance but currently have no way of showing how much money I will get (I will have more than enough to pay 1 yrs rent)

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Any advice would be fab!!!

Is there any mortgage on your mums house

What amount of debt do you have?

Have you CCA'd all your creditors?

I would consider trying to raise another mortgage on the property finding out the state of all your agreements with regard to enforceability and making F&F offers to clear debts, then you have somewhere to live and the money you would be spending on rent could be used to pay the mortgage back. Why pay some numpty rent.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.