Link finance help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husband agreed to repay a debt bought by link. The bal. was £4,700 we set up a standing order to pay £50 per month from Dec 08 which until Feb. this year has been paid. I am a student and my husband is a low wage earner and due to the current climate we had to reduce the payments for March & April to £25 and from May to £5.00 per month, we have never not paid. We received a letter from Link but not to our address but to a family address. My relative wrote to them explaining we had moved and we also wrote to them giving our new address and explaning we had taken advice from the government debt helpline and reduced our payment because we could no longer afford £50 per month. We had no reply from Link and they continued to write to the wrong address, we wrote again and they ignored us. They are still sending letters to the wrong address, technically we have not received any post from them, it just happens my relative have pass them on to us but Link don'tknow that. My relative has now received a threatening letter address to their home but in my husbands name. The letter says it is a final notification that any agreement to repay the debt has been cancelled for non payment, we have paid something every month without fail. They are commencing immediate recovery of the total debt by one of the following options 1. data will be passed to our internal investigation department 2. your account will be approved for recovery by way of judgement at county court. 3. this debt will be transferred to a fee charging debt collection agent who may call at your home (which is not our home but a relatives).

Please can you give me some URGENT advice as I do not know what to do. As I said Link have not been writing to our address even though we have given it to them so as far as I am concerned my husband has not received any communication from link but we do not want any one turning up at my relative who are in their 80's and one of them had a heart attack just a year ago. I am worried the stress would cause another.

Hi,

I have put a few thoughts within your post in red

my husband agreed to repay a debt bought by link. The bal. was £4,700 we set up a standing order to pay £50 per month from Dec 08 which until Feb. this year has been paid. I am a student and my husband is a low wage earner and due to the current climate we had to reduce the payments for March & April to £25 and from May to £5.00 per month, we have never not paid. We received a letter from Link but not to our address but to a family address. My relative wrote to them explaining we had moved and we also wrote to them giving our new address and explaning we had taken advice from the government debt helpline and reduced our payment because we could no longer afford £50 per month. We had no reply from Link and they continued to write to the wrong address, we wrote again and they ignored us. They are still sending letters to the wrong address, technically we have not received any post from them, it just happens my relative have pass them on to us but Link don'tknow that. My relative has now received a threatening letter address to their home but in my husbands name. The letter says it is a final notification that any agreement to repay the debt has been cancelled for non payment, we have paid something every month without fail. They are commencing immediate recovery of the total debt by one of the following options

1. data will be passed to our internal investigation department OHH scary :)

2. your account will be approved for recovery by way of judgement at county court. OOH double scary :)

3. this debt will be transferred to a fee charging debt collection agent who may call at your home (which is not our home but a relatives).

HUH! link seem to think they are NOT a fee charging DCA

Please can you give me some URGENT advice as I do not know what to do. As I said Link have not been writing to our address even though we have given it to them so as far as I am concerned my husband has not received any communication from link but we do not want any one turning up at my relative who are in their 80's and one of them had a heart attack just a year ago. I am worried the stress would cause another.

Sorry, couldn't resist the sarcasm. These letters are by design intended to intimidate.

Firstly, I think you need to send Link a Formal Complaint about sending letters to the wrong address after you have previously informed them of the new address. You will need to send any further letters to them by Recorded Delivery. Make sure you inform them about your relatives poor health.

Bookmark this link as you will need it in the future:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors.html

Enclose with your complaint letter 3 from the link

Now as they are playing silly bu**ers you could hurt them. If this debt is a loan or credit card debt, you could CCA them to see if they have the right to be collecting this debt. This costs £1 and you could enclose the request with your complaint letter.

They have 12+2 WORKING DAYS to respond to the CCA request

Once you get some more info, come back and I'm sure someone can help

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi again, need your help once more. After taking your advice I wrote a formal letter of complaint along with the CCA, postal order, sent recorded/sign for delivery as per your suggestion. I have now received a letter back. The letter states "you have recently made a request under section 77/78 for copies of various documents. As you are aware link purchased your debt from MBNA Europe Bank Ltd on 21st July 2004 and as such we do not always hold this documentation. We have requested a copy of the agreement and the most recent terms and conditions your account was operated under from MBNA Europe Ltd and look forward to sending this to you in the near future, however please be advised that this can take up to 30 days to provide" Ok, what do you advise now I don't have a clue where I stand with Link or what the next step should be.

Not to worry, that is a standard response, it means nothing, except they know they are going to forfeit the allotted time, therefore once they have had 12 'working' days to send you the CCA, and they fail you can send them the 'Failed' letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No it is 12 working days from when they received your request, if you sent it RD you can view when they received it online and work it out that way.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Or you could do nothing and save yourself the cost of postage.

Either at some point they will get the agreement and send you a copy or they won't and will try to bluff their way out of it or they'll just pass it on to the next DCA in the chain. Whatever you write to them is unlikely to have any effect whatsoever on this process.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

But I would always err on the side of caution, send them the AID letter keep a copy for your records, that way then it keeps you paper trail of evidence straight, and puts them to strict proof.

Can you tell me what an AID letter is? do I send this instead of a failed letter or both together? also I cannot find AID in the templates could you link me to it thanks, sorry to be a pain just never done this before.

Sorry yes, AID=account in dispute, I was just being lazy, typing with one hand holding my pint glass with the other, it is the Failed letter you need to send, it tells them the account is in dispute.

• 4 weeks later...

Sent failed letter and deadline to respond was today and have not received anything from link. I have received a letter dated 18th September which I received yesterday, I can't confirm post arrival to my house because I have been away since 15th September and returned yesterday. The letter is a response to my formal letter of complaint along with my request for CCA. The 12 day deadline for the CCA was 27/8. The letter basically is an apologie for all the errors they have made regarding postal addresses and ignoring my requests etc. plus they have attached a copy of the original signed application made for the virgin credit card dated 07/06/02. I am now confused, (perhaps this is their intention!), to what I have received. This letter does not mention the failed letter sent to them for failing to respond in time for the CCA request. I have 8 weeks to respond to this letter or they will assume I am happy with their response. They have agreed to lower payments from 50.00 to 5.00 per month which was one of may complaints, but having said this I still have no proof that link own this debit. What next please:!:

Can you scan and post up what they have sent you, please remove all ID, bar codes, ref numbers etc,

The in dispute will only last for as long as they fail to provide the agreement, now that they have, we need to see if it is in fact enforceable, and where you go from here, once you can scan & post it up people will be better able to advise you, if you don't have access to a scanner, you can take a photo of it on the macro setting.

The image is very small can you upload it usung tinypic or photobucket or similar?

It clearly looks like an application form, does it have theri signature on it also? And what reference do they make as to your right to cancel? A small box saying that they will send you this at a later date? If so did they?

Thanks for replying - It is the a copy of the original application form to apply for a virgin credit card. There is a small box which staes they will send information to cancel, which I can't ever reember receiving. I am spot-on with paperwork and filling because I ran a business for some while. I would have been aware of this right to cancel if it was ever sent. There is no signature on this application form from Virgin only that of my husband. Sorry I could not get copy any bigger and I have never used tinypic or photobucket unless you can point me in the right direction.

Anyway I hope this bit info helps you further to help me, thanks once again

This is my link thread which makes interesting reading for you my case went to the wire and they still tried to lie at trial.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?219343-GE-Money-now-Link-Financial&p=3138066&highlight=

Link are greedy b******ds who buy debt at such low value in the hope that you don't defend. When you do, they go into shock and try and lie their way out.

HH

Is anyone able to clarify whether link can use this original application as proof they own the debt? either way what would I do next? :!:

No they can not use an original application. The only way they can prove ownership of a debt is to provide you with a copy of the Deed of Assignment in which the debt was transferred to you. They almost never produce this as they buy debt in bulk and it will have many other people's details on it. The will produce it in court to prove ownership though so tread carefully on this issue.

Regards

Typhoon