Anyone help with IQOR???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short...

I tried to sell an Iphone on Ebay about 2 months back. I put a "buy it now" on to which someone kept clicking it then disabling their account. This kept racking up fees and each time it happened I spoke to Ebay through live chat, explained this to them to which they advised me through a few steps and said the fees were no longer payable. Because it happened over and over I got frustrated and took screenshots of a couple of the conversations.

Rec'd a letter today from IQOR saying I have 72hrs to get intouch otherwise it's court and the rest of it...

Tried to get in touch with Ebay but they've suspended my account. You can't get in touch with anyone living for love nor money. Everything is just a series of check boxes telling me I'm a criminal. I sent the following Email to them:

Dear Ebay:

I have been sent an email and a letter from a debt collection agency advising I owe £87.39 on my account

username

[email protected]

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DEBT

I previously tried to sell an Iphone. Each advert had a "buy it now" button. Every time i advertised the phone someone would press the button then disable/cancel their account. Each time this happened I advised ebay through live chat. They advised me that the fees were Null and Void and weren't payable by myself as no-one had bought the phone!

The debt collection agency have given me 72hrs to respond to their letter. Otherwise, they're threatening court action. Alas, I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS OF MY CONVERSATIONS ON LIVE CHAT WITH EBAY THAT STATE THESE FEES ARE NOT PAYABLE AND ACKNOWLEDGING MY COMPLAINTS.

Should I not get a reply today, I shall present these as evidence to the debt collection agency (IQOR) and in any small claims court I'm meant to appear and all costs will be paid by EBAY.

This is adversely affecting my credit rating

This is causing me unnecessary stress

I am being harassed by this company IQOR

I do not acknowledge this debt!

As yet no response!!!

Phoned IQOR and got a rude teenager. Who quickly walked through the data protection etc...

Explained everything and said:

ME: I do not acknowledge this debt.

IQOR: You're refusing to pay!

ME: Yes, cause it's not my debt

IQOR: I'll note the system

ME: Note it exactly as I say it - "I do not acknowledge this debt!"

IQOR: You still owe us

ME: No I don't, give me your email or an email so I can send exactly what I sent Ebay.

IQOR: We're a call centre, we don't accept emails... you can't email us

ME: Be Quiet, course you do, how is anyone meant to dispute their debts?

IQOR:In writing sir!!!

ME: Before the 72 hrs noted on the letter dated last week!!!!!!!!

IQOR: I've noted the system that you're refusing to pay.

ME These calls best be recorded!! Bye!

What an absolute joke... any help out there from any good Samaritans??? :-|

Guest Cartaphilus
Samaritans??? :-|

What, for £89? For their idiotic, pathetic attempts to 'threaten' someone in their letters, and phone calls. How big of them. Igor. Quite apt.

Rec'd a letter today from IQOR saying I have 72hrs to get intouch otherwise it's court and the rest of it...:

Just my experience with eSh&t and PayTheft. Long stories butI decided to let them take a hike.

Here you will see how crucial the 72 hours dealine is :):)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20140&d=1279699306

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Report them to trading Standards via Consumer Direct, and report them also to the OFT. I bet your letter was sent second class courier service as well, meaning it could take up to five days to get to you from when they post (72 hours after their 'deadline' of course...)

Guest Cartaphilus

It's entirely up to you if you take this advice, I have it before and the facts are there for anyone to read about Igor and ebay on google that they can do next to nothing if anything. As to the Moat reference ... Rather ott and if anyone involved in that reads how would they feel?

Ebay T&C's are unenforceable anyhow, they would get ripped apart in a court of law, which is why Ebay have never taken anyone to court.

As for Iqor, they're just a bunch of chancers, when I rang them they could not understand that I would simply pay an extra months TV license fee in october instead of Sept, they employ the most uneducated unqualified monkeys the industry can throw at them, regardless, speaking to them over the phone will achieve nothing so don't even try, you can very safely file their hilarious multi coloured letters under ignore, they can't do a thing about it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It annoys me that this fastly becoming accepted culture to employ harassment and bully tactics. That CCJ's and the rest are an easier option for companies than investing in training whilst employing people with a little gumption and some common sense.

Thanks again guys, really mean it! Do you think I send them one of those CCA letters?

Guest Cartaphilus

CCA's will not work as it's not a credit account, you can try and send it but they will either cash it, deduct it from the amount or send it back. Mind, that's relying on a few things ie intellect. As BB has said, Igor can do NOTHING. And also Sillygirl's suggestion of reporting them. You also appear very keen to not take notice of advice or suggestions given and engage them in discussion over this debt. I am not being critical just an observation. If you follow the advice Sillygirl has provided then Trading Standards should investigate it for you.

It is of course personal choice but ... The sensible thing would be to IGNORE THEM! And use the tools available to make a complaint. I wish you well and will now leave this thread alone as mostly everything has been said.

Edited by Cartaphilus

There is ZERO need to send them anything, they will not nor can they, do ANYTHING to you, ignore their empty petty childish threatsm they cannot do a thing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

***More help needed***

I sent them a letter saying I do not acknowledge this debt and until they can prove the debt is mine - not to contact me etc....

I'm still getting phone calls, emails and solicitors letters.... what now???

This is what I sent which was signed for recorded delivery:

IQOR Recovery Services Ltd.

IQOR House,

33/34 Winckley Square,

Preston,

PR1 3EL

Dear Sir

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (Ebay)

We are familiar with the ‘Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance’ which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

We would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

We would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to our liability for the debt in question.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise we will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Make these complaints in short order, ie. TODAY!

OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Keep a diary of events time, dates, freq of calls, with a view to reporting them to your local Police station for the criminal offence of harassment.

1 Prohibition of harassment. E+W

(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2)For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.

(3)Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—

(a)that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b)that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

©that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/section/1

You should also make a complaint to Ofcom for Incompetent Iqors misuse of the communication act,

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

127Improper use of public electronic communications network E+W+S+N.I.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b)causes such a message to be sent; or

©persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(4)Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

Make a complaint to the CSA also for one of their members failure to abide by their own guidelines least of all abide by the law,

http://www.csaconsumers-uk.com/page/i-have-a-complaint

You could if your feeling the slightest bit generous, or just want a good rant, send Incompetent Iqor an email also, informing them of thei lack of abiding by their own guidelines and that of the CSA and OFT also failing to abide by the Law all of which has been reported to the relevant organisations to investigate, and the Police.

[email protected]

http://www.csa-uk.com/uk-members-list/details/20/iqor-recovery-services-ltd

Guest Cartaphilus

Did you report them as advised to? I will say it again, because there really is NO reason to get in a flap about them, they CANNOT take you to court. So, report them, nothing more to be said tbh.

Guest Cartaphilus
It annoys me that this fastly becoming accepted culture to employ harassment and bully tactics.
Been like that for ages, nothing new.

Which is why reporting/complaining about them serves two purposes: for yourself but also to protect the next person they pick on and harass. Not everyone finds their way to this forum for example, most don't even know until they need to, when it happens to them they could go somewhere and get that help.

Edited by Cartaphilus

• 1 year later...

Thought they were something special when got the first letter, but ignored, then saw the 72 hours or we will send someone to the house and the letter dated a week ago. Do not even owe the money as payments up to date. Glad to find out that IQOR just a debt collection agency/recovery/whatever and they are some sort of world wide communications bot, so why are they being used as a debt collection service? Oh yes, amount of debt £23.00. Last week it was £32.00. At least it is going down. Advice to self and others: ignore them, they have no powers and if they keep wanting to come around tell them that they do not have a right to come, you will not discus with them in person and only contact in writing. I think that if they come then it is a breach of trespass and the police can remove them as they do not have your permission to be there. They do not have a right to harass you and need to write and tell them so or to ignore them. Do not phone them or respond to their phone calls.

Just going to point this out. I'm actually from Preston. I don't work in Iqor, a few of my friends do though. They don't want your money, in fact they don't even care about you. Who you are, what you do. It means nothing to them. Simple fact of the matter is that, they have managers breathing down their necks. Demanding that they ring this person, or that person. Get this out of them etc etc. At the end of the day, it's just a job for them. They need to make some money, which god-knows is pretty tough in this current economy. So yeah just from one person to another. You might get annoyed at them, frustrated etc. But these people don't actually have anything against you. It's the managers and in essence the company that forces them to be that way, otherwise they will lose their jobs and they can't afford that. It's just a job. They are people too, like you and I. Take your complaints up with the COMPANY, not the people who work for them.

Where to start?? :noidea:

Debtors don't force these phone jockeys to do their job.

Phone jockeys work on commission yes, hence why they talk to 'people' like you would a five year old child.

They have targets set by the so called 'management', but the truth of the matter is, that if they can't abuse or threaten a debtor and con them into paying money they don't owe, then they don't get any commission.

Maybe your friends could actually tell you what really goes on, what training and qualifications they have to do the job of a debt collector.

Are they aware that they have no legal rights to con money out of people?

Are they aware that the company they work for often breaks the law and frequently ignores guidelines laid down?

Do they feel as though they have made an achievement by becoming a debt collector? Surely they never went through the whole of their education thinking 'when i grow up I'm gonna be a debt collector'.

I know what you are saying, but the truth of the matter is, that when these faceless 'people' harass others over the phone and attempt to intimidate them and belittle them into coughing up 'money', then you can't seriously blame people for getting the hump with them, to hide behind a companies name is simply indicative of the corrupt immoral way in which these outfits operate, and I really couldn't care less if they feel offended, after all, they rang me in my home on my personal number, therefore I am entitled to say what I want to who I want.

And just for the record, when they did ring me up last year to try and get a payment out of me, I tied them up so much they even thanked me for calling them!?!?!?

Where is CAGbot these days?:banplease:

Cheers! You would think that the debt collection agencies would realise this as well as a lot of people are more aware of their rights these days! I came across one run by an ex police detective, using that fact to try and con people by telling them they are committing fraud. The fact that he is an ex officer gives him and them no more official statue than any other DCA, but people are tuned to bow to authority and uniforms and high and mighty claims, and that is frightening. No matter what claims these people make or threats they make or who runs them, they have no legal powers and you do not have to comply with them, contact them, do as they say, respond to them or give them any information. They have no legal rights as stated above. Stand up to them and one day they will realise that as well!

I came across one run by an ex police detective, using that fact to try and con people by telling them they are committing fraud.

I think I remember looking at that website? Can't think what the name of it was now?

But I agree, most of the websites set up by DCA's are a fabrication of their imagination, not only to try and make debtors believe they have some kind of all seeing, all knowing database that can intrude on your private life (BBC/TVL is the perfect example!)

When in actual fact, none of their 'ground up' computer systems are any more effective than the first zx spectrum was.