Debt Collector Touting for Work!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is section 2.11 h, shown below

h. visiting debtors, unless requested, at inappropriate locations such as work or hospital.

He does not say he will visit your place of work. What he does say is

personally visit your debtors business

or home.

Which is totally different

Guest Cartaphilus
h. visiting debtors, unless requested, at inappropriate locations such as work or hospital.

This may not sound as shocking to some but I've heard of DCAs hassling people with serious illnesses whilst in hospital. In fact one major bank hounded a man last year (I think) who was suffering with terminal cancer, he had gone to court and the judge had instructed the creditor to stop all the harassment by phone or letter because of the obvious effect it was having on the man. The man was dying, they carried on with it after a while. That was AFTER being instructed by a court to cease! Yet these are the same bunch who are very quick and often hasty to use the court to their advantage when it suits them. I have also read on a few debt forums where someone has been phoned at the hospital, via their bedside phone. Now, it beggers belief really, if they persist to go to such lengths, knowing the facts are: the person is in hospital, ill and quite possibly may not come back and continue to do it.

He does not say he will visit your place of work. What he does say is

Which is totally different

Yes but is that the implied intention behind what he is saying? "I'll send the boys round wherrever they are"

But hey, this man "enjoys his job and is good at it"

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

Guest Cartaphilus
But hey, this man "enjoys his job and is good at it"
Well, one thing's certain: he can enjoy his job and be good at it ... but when he's old perhaps may not enjoy it so much when the memories come back to haunt and perhaps how 'enjoyment' may not be so 'good' anymore when inevitably he finds himself a vulnerable person and possibly at the whim of someone else 'enjoying' their debt collecting job ... If you see what I mean. ;) Edited by Cartaphilus

I sent this email to the company:

Dear Sir,

Your email hereunder refers.

I would refer you refer to the following:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Paragraph 2.11 (h) in particular.

I am minded to report you to the OFT for a breach of the 2003 Guidance on harrassing debtors.

Also, I would ask why the registered address on the website differs from your companies house registered address?

Yours sincerely,

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

AND that was my 100th post! :) :)

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

This may not sound as shocking to some but I've heard of DCAs hassling people with serious illnesses whilst in hospital. In fact one major bank hounded a man last year (I think) who was suffering with terminal cancer, he had gone to court and the judge had instructed the creditor to stop all the harassment by phone or letter because of the obvious effect it was having on the man. The man was dying, they carried on with it after a while. That was AFTER being instructed by a court to cease! Yet these are the same bunch who are very quick and often hasty to use the court to their advantage when it suits them. I have also read on a few debt forums where someone has been phoned at the hospital, via their bedside phone. Now, it beggers belief really, if they persist to go to such lengths, knowing the facts are: the person is in hospital, ill and quite possibly may not come back and continue to do it.

i too have heard the halifax did this to a man on his death bed, he died not long after, they are not human,

they are robots, and it is about time the debt collectors, banks, and loan sharks were all brought to justice, because this

is still going on, you only have to read these posts to know that, and i for one can certainly vouch for that, they are wicked, evil, and totallly ruthless, and this has to stop, and now, and what are we caggers all going to do about it, i for one have had more than enough.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I wonder how the DCAs found the number for the person in hospital?

Guest Cartaphilus

Well, you know ... I read it on here in an archived post so I can only go on what was posted.

th

at, they are wicked, evil,

Yes, people can be thoroughly vile, wicked, jealous, nasty. If it gets them an ultimate result even more so. I couldn't care less anymore. If they have to justify themselves, their pathethic existences by bulling, harassing and intimidating people good for them. But one day, they may bite off more than they can chew. Final post.

do not let them chase you away from this website, if you do, then they have won, we need you to still be a cagger,

do not know your circumstances, but you can still read if you cannot post, they will get paid back, if we all stick together,

and we must find a way, and soon. god bless you totiesquoties.

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

Judging by the time those posts were sent I'd say DCAs like these are keeping those good folk awake at night.

No reply BTW from the DCA concerned to my email threatening to report him to the OFT.

Maybe I should go ahead and just copy that email on to the OFT...?

Guest Cartaphilus

I am here, not posting, but watching ... and reading. It wasn't a DCA but an entirely seperate and ongoing matter, one which hopefully this time there will be an end to because that person has caused me more than a lifetimes worth of distress. They appear to have an obsession with me, though I have never met them in person to my knowledge for whatever reasons they have and only they know what those are. Some people don't need a reason, though. They just like tormenting people as it makes them feel 'powerful'. So, for the time being I am removing myself from their target practice. I cannot post what exactly has gone on, as that is between myself, my close friends who know what has gone on but I can be sure that wasn't a DCA and it wasn't the other week when I viewed a thread here. I am not one usually to run away from things, but this I have to remove myself from the immediate problem because of what I knew occured with it before. However, they will slip up and hang themselves in the end. Thank you for your post totie.

god bless you, i wrote the post because i understood something very awful must have happened, and want you to

know, because you can still read these posts, as you say, just remember you are not alone out there in this

sometimes, in fact many times in this cold and isolated world, you have us, you have cag, and i for one will be thinking

of you every day.

so, please, please, do not feel for one minute, not for even one day, that nobody cares out there, because i really

want you to know, i do have empathy for my fellow man, and i will help anyone that need help, and always have, and always will, because that is who i am, and i know from reading yout posts you too have also helped many people with

your advice/

do not let this world ever change who you are, and do not let external influences come in.

stay true to yourself, and keep reading these posts to comfort you.

whatever the problem is, i will pray for you, and i will, that it does get sorted somehow.

god bless you, and do not ever forget, i for one will think of you and pray for you, please please do not forget what

i write here, because i mean it, i was put on this earth to help, and if through writing this to you, i can help,

then it has through this cag website, i can only thank it for the help it has given me, and the help i am able through

its website to help others, then what a priviledge i have, and will be ever grateful to cag, and its many, many good

people like yourself that indeed do help people on it every single day, and they too are good people.

do not worry my friend, and please please do not let whatever this awful problem is, do not let it take away the person that you are, i really wish i knew what it was so i could try my hardest to help on it for you, but i do not, all i know is

it has made you so unhappy, and i am so very sad about that, but i can help by praying for you, and thinking of you,

and please do keep reading these posts.

take care, god bless you, from your friend totiesquoties.

Edited by totiesquoties

totiesquoties

Cartaphilus, don't stop coming here because of one person. You are right about people feeling they have power when they torment - just look at the sort of people who do it: people who abuse children and harm animals because they can't answer back; school bullies who hunt in packs because by themselves they are weak and pathetic; go into any internet chat room and you will always find the one person who is there to be rude and make nasty comments to cause upset when others just want to have some fun. They behave so (and particularly with those who bully via the internet) because they feel they have a degree of anonimity, which really does go to show how gutless they are.

I can only guess at what has happened to you and why you don't want to come to cag anymore, so hope that you have reported the person/people concerned to anyone who needs to know, but please don't go because of them. I like to think that I'm a nice person, and I can honestly say that I have encountered some great people on here who genuinely want to help, so please remember that some of us are quite nice really!