Debt Collector Touting for Work!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An accountant friend of mine received this email from a DCA touting for business.

Are the activities being 'marketed' by this debt collector legal?

My emphases in bold BTW :rolleyes:

TDS

Sent:

To:

Subject: Direct Collections Info

Dear ,

I am emailing today to introduce myself and my company to you, and to ask if there is anything I can help with at the moment?

My name is , and my company Direct Collections has been collecting debts since 2000, I personally have been doing this successfully for over 20 years. I enjoy my job and I'm good at it. That's why I have the same customers coming back to me time after time.

You may have dealt with other debt collectors in the past only to find a few letters were sent out, and the occasional phone call, and in the end

you are no closer to getting paid than you were before you started. I send in professional collectors, who will personally visit your debtors business

or home. Your debt will be escalated up the payment schedule and will not be ignored. We don't break the law in any way of course, but we do get

results which you can see for yourself on the references page of our website.

If you currently have any bad debts over £1,000, please reply to this email or call me on . Alternatively, please keep my details on file for future reference.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Kind regards

Direct Collections Ltd

Tel:

Web: http://www.directcollectionsltd.co.uk

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Debt Collectors

The debt collectors at Direct Collections have many years of experience. Over the years we have encountered every excuse and we know how to get round them. Our debt collectors know which techniques will work on each type of individual. By applying the right amount of pressure and refusing to take no for an answer, our debt collectors will succeed where others have failed.

I wonder how they react to the doorstep letter or are they exempt from it

Guest Cartaphilus
If you currently have any bad debts over £1,000, please reply to this email or call me on . Alternatively, please keep my details on file for future reference.

Yeah, here you go - you've taken everything from me thus far, my self-respect, any compassion I may once have had gone ... Just remember to bury me with at least a shirt on my back.

Guest Cartaphilus

And to make it easier for all these DCAs, I'll shove everything in boxes, ready to get taken away. I have nothing left to get taken away, the most important things that matter to me have already gone. Only thing is I would probably have to get a loan to buy a shirt. So, whatever commissions these people get out of all of it I hope when you grow older you look back and see what your 'comissions' have paid for.

I would question why the registered address on the website differs from their companies house registered address.

On companies house this is the address and not the address in Middlesex.

DIRECT COLLECTIONS LIMITED

23A WEST ROAD

WEAVERHAM

CHESHIRE

CW8 3HP

Company No. 04307699

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

And to make it easier for all these DCAs, I'll shove everything in boxes, ready to get taken away. I have nothing left to get taken away, the most important things that matter to me have already gone. Only thing is I would probably have to get a loan to buy a shirt. So, whatever commissions these people get out of all of it I hope when you grow older you look back and see what your 'comissions' have paid for.

sad to read your post cartaphilus, these robots are the **** of the earth, they are nothing more than loan sharks,

and the waters they infest the tide will be turning on them one day, god bless t.q.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

Guest Cartaphilus

I will bounce back, I always appear to. Though I have turned the back on myself, I won't ever for anyone else. Wish I understood myself a bit better but then maybe I already do and that's the problem. (shrugs)

You take care as well.

you are ten times a man than they will ever be.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

I had a stream of email from these clowns a while ago - I simply 'bounced' them back, with a clearly highlighted reference to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk ! Strange, they don't send me email any more...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I would like one of these guys to come to my door. I am sadly immune to whatever pressure such a Chimp thinks he could apply. He also wouldnt't be taking No for an answer after the first, but a demonstration of the lawful right to remove tresspassers with reasonable force :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps the emails should be redirected to Trading Standards with the appropriate sections of the OFT Guidelines inserted where they are making blatant breaches... ie sending people to your work place, that would put the wind in their sails.

Perhaps the emails should be redirected to Trading Standards with the appropriate sections of the OFT Guidelines inserted where they are making blatant breaches... ie sending people to your work place, that would put the wind in their sails.

Bloomin good idea. What are the sections about workplace visits etc?

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

Please don't insult chimps. They are intelligent, feeling animals who take care of one another. Debt collectors may LOOK like chimps, but they certainly don't have the brains of one :)

and what about the gorilla they send to one's front door? :()

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

"I enjoy my job and I'm good at it."

From a debt collector that is so anal.

I hope all that negative karma he has woven in this life is worth it

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Guest Cartaphilus

Well, then, am sure the ghost of Xmas future will visit. Aka known as 'what goes around comes around' but sadly it has been my obsevartions it can take a long time but no one can escape advancing years and the torment of things you have done. The same torment and more the debtor was put into all those years ago and suffered the pain. On the proviso they possess a sliver of a conscience and humanity.

Guest Cartaphilus

It would seem Fagin is alive and well. But even Fagin had a sense of humanity/morality of a sort. ;) You'll have to excuse me but I've gone all Charles Dickens now after Scrooge was mentioned and I have never read any of his works but am familiar with the allegorical nature of them.

lol. Yeah, remind me, was it Little Dorrit where that bloke got slammed up in debtors prison? probbaly for owing ye olde Egg Banking Company a florrin or two :) :)

yes Sir Reg Fagin CEO of the Insolvency Group is probably rubbing his grubby hands together right now, the tips of the fingers chopped off the top of his woollen gloves, counting the CCJs he and his 'ilk can milk'