• Tweets

• Good Afternoon,   I am hoping to receive some advice regarding the below topic.   I was looking to purchase a property off-plan with a incentive attached and in order to secure this you pay a 'finder's fee'.     The fee was paid but then the property was un-mortgageable due to various reasons including the incentive being offered.   Having gone back to the agent to ask for a return of the finder's fee - they have refused saying that the incentive does not need to be disclosed and that essentially my broker is useless and I should use theirs!   Their broker also advised it would be hard to get a mortgage with the incentive disclosed which backs up what my broker has said.    This fee will now be kept on account.     I signed a form which confirms that the finders fee is non refundable - which was my error I should have checked if the property was mortgageable beforehand - however I wondered if there was anything I could do because:   The property is un-mortgageable - my broker tried all lenders including those who are happy with the incentive which was offered They have advised to withhold information which is clearly questioned in the mortgage application process   This is not a case of pulling out, this is a case that I cannot get finance and so cannot proceed.   Thanks in advance.
    • Hi all,  just wondering if i could get some help. me and my ex wife decided to get a loan back in 2017....i was continuing paying it but she didn't even though she promised me she would pay it as i agreed to it... and we split up in 2018, i was sectioned under mental health due to her behaviour.  short story... i came out 6 months later and she did not pay anything, my inbox was full, my phone with voicemails. i was not expecting this..... this loan was for £2000,    i tried to call her obviously she changed her phone number and email address, 2020 still not heard anything from her.... sent her letters she choose to ignore it.....   so i thought i come on here.... see you can make a complaint about responsible lending credit search.... behold just got a reply from progressive money....   i've also complained to amigo loans.... that is again she didn't pay anything... checked credit karma £11,876 on £7000 loans... hopefully something comes out of this....  - Summary Resolution Letter .pdf
    • Sorry it was 1250l before shielding he 
    • Is the 1250BR his code from before shielding?   Before shielding, the tax code would have been 1250 as this is the personal amount allowed to earn before tax. It should then have been followed by a single letter. The BR at the end means it is an emergency tax code, and that you receive no PFA, this is usual if you have more than one source of income.  This code means that all the earnings from this income will be taxed.   The 605T code is a temporary code, and shows that your tax is still being reviewed.   The changes in codes is due to the change in circumstances, firstly he was in work, then claiming UC while shielding (unpaid I assume), and then going back to work again.   They should sort themselves out, but you can always sign up to HMRC and keep an eye on the codes yourselves, and query anything with them as well.
    • Do as above, and we can find out if it's an enforceable agreement, often it isn't from Lowell.   But from another point of view, as long as they have your current address, why pay them if you only have £30 at the end of each month? It's not visible on your credit file, so won't affect your credit score in any way. This is in no way a priority debt.    
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
kazzy_28

Hsbc update

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya, hope iv posted this in the right place, still trying to navigate my way round!!

i posted not long ago regarding the hsbc not accepting a repayment plan that i had asked them to look at accepting due to financial problems etc, couldn't find the right address to send a financial statement to , have been passed from pillar to post and basically got ABSOLUTELY NO-WHERE with them.

So i again posted a financial statement and offer of payment to yet another different address for the hsbc and two weeks later got a reply saying that they are willing to set up an informal overdraft facility and that they could charge us £25.00 a time for the privilage.

No.1 I HAVE NOT ASKED HSBC FOR AN INFORMAL OVERDRAFT?????

NO.2 STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY KIND OF REPLY TO PAYMENT PLAN FOR OUR LOANS JUST THE LETTER ABOUT INFORMAL OVERDRAFT.

I really do not know what to do next? i am not ignoring the situation and can pay a fair amount on both of these loans, but the hsbc are not acknowledging the offer of payment letters that i have sent to them, i can see this being passed on to there DCA but i was trying to negotiate with them before this happened , but, if they will not respond to my payment plans what am i mean't to do. i really do feel like i am banging my head against a brick wall. I feel totally ignored and angry as myself and my husband have informed the hsbc and all our other debtors regarding our current financial position.

I honestly feel 'why have we even bothered' trying to contact these people, maybe if we had totally ignored the situation and carried on regardless without a care we may have gotten some kind of response!. We obviously have received default letters and arrears letters but our responses to these have been ignored, not received any communication back to our responses.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could advise me on what to do next as taking the honest approach and asking for help just doesn't seem to be working for us.

thanks in advance, Karen.

:Cry::(

:mad:

pers

just write a letter TELLING THEM, they are going to get £xx for XX mts.

its your money..take control

as for the I/E sheet

they have NO right to see that, only a judge can order that.

so don't do it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi thanks for replying,

i thought that all creditors could ask you for an i/e sheet? i thought i was being compliant by sending them all one plus i thought you had to prove what income you had etc etc, but you say that they have no right to see one, interesting, i didn't know that, so thanks for that info.

I will try( depends if i send it to the correct address!!!) and write to them again and tell them what i can afford to pay.

If and when this does get passed on to their internal DCA i will post again and ask for advice.

Thank you for your response appreciate it.

karen

Hi thanks for replying,

i thought that all creditors could ask you for an i/e sheet?

nope only a judge can demand that - none of their business

i thought i was being compliant by sending them all one plus i thought you had to prove what income you had etc etc, but you say that they have no right to see one, interesting, i didn't know that, so thanks for that info.

:D

I will try( depends if i send it to the correct address!!!) and write to them again and tell them what i can afford to pay.

no you tell them thats all they will get - simple - take control of YOUR finance don't let them.

If and when this does get passed on to their internal DCA i will post again and ask for advice.

Thank you for your response appreciate it.

karen

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

presumably sending them a schedule of income and expednditure is more persuasive than simply telling them to put up or shut up? I mean, it could avoid court action and you get to pay them what you can afford, like a self-help DMP?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Hi thanks Debt Star for replying,

I thought that sending a I/E sheet would show your creditors that you were taking your problems seriously and also helped to put them in the picture, but as far as the HSBC are concerned i really should not bother wasting the ink and paper, well thats how they have got me feeling at the moment.

it's like, you send them your information asking to negotiate a repayment plan, but the response you get, if your lucky has nothing at all to do with the I/E sheet that you have sent to them.

myself and husband have been in branch and asked for help and pointers on who we should speak to as we cannot afford to pay the minimum monthly payments, but to be honest all we got was 'sorry cannot help you, go to the C.A.B or heres our money management teams tel number and a leaflet on putting your finances in order'!!

i really just feel as if we should have just said absolutely nothing, let the loans get into arrears and not communicate with the HSBC at all, but no, we thought lets face our problems head on and contact everyone and put them in the picture, result...... received diddly squat help from HSBC and it's no use phoning them as they do not listen to your specific problem, they just want their money plus alot of the time you are speaking to someone who speaks broken english!! i will not speak to any creditors over the telephone, i've learn't that much from CAG.

I feel that at least we have tried to open channels of communication, and if it does go to court at least a judge will see that we have tried, (hope i'm right on that). i am paying them what can realistically be afforded at this time and will continue to do so until they send to a dca which i am sure they will, then maybe, just maybe, we will get somewhere.

Karen

yeah well thats the point really, you have tried your best to be reasonable and have demonstrated that with the i/e and letters to them.

the lending code stipulates that HSBC must correspomd/negotiate in writing if you write to them specifically requesting that they do so. Get that letter out to their quality service improvement team at Leeds (send your letter by signed for post to Matthew Holt the senior customer services manager).

keep a record of everything sent, proofs of payment from the post office etc.

They will get a dca involved unless you dispute the account. kick off a formal complaint and write to the fos. The fos will then send you a complaint form and will write to HBOS giving them 8 weeks to respond with their "final response". Then you submit the fos form (or before if the final response from HSBC comes sooner).

Write to the Lending Standards Board (send your letter for the attention of Robert Skinner, the Chief Executive, and tell him HSBC are in breach of the LENDING CODE and the LSB's Regulation Rules in not considering a repayment plan with customers who are considered to be "financially distressed" under the Lending Code.

Read the Lending Code on the LSB's website Karen. PLEASE. You have to know your rights and start writing letters quoting your rights. HSBC MUST consider a repayment plan under the code and they MUST correspond in writing if you demand it. Until they do your account can be disputed and they CANNOT then refer to a DCA or take you to court.

If they do send to a DCA it will be to Metropolitan in all likelihood as they are a company owned by HSBC). If HSBC transfer to a dca while its in dispute send a letter to Metro threatening to report them to Trading Standards and the FOS. In fact, complain to TS first anyway via the consumer direct website.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.