PCN at 20.30pm for parking on single yellow line

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I got a PCN for parking on a single Yellow line at 20.30pm. The council maintains that I was parked in a restricted area. I don't understand why there is only a single yellow line and no parking signs at all if parking is strictly prohibited at all times. Please see the correspondence from haringey council below. Your advice will be much appreciated. I have appealed once but they have rejected it.

pcna2.jpg

pcnb2.jpg

pcna1.jpg

pcnb3.jpg

pcnb4.jpg

A CPZ is a controlled parking zone - in other words an area where there are parking restrictions. A CPZ will have an "underlying restriction" which may be, for example, parkingrestricted between 8am and 8pm. In a situation like that, any single yellow line which does not have a sign next to it will be in force during the hours of the underlying restriction. This is probably what happened to you.

The images, even on Photobucket are too small. I don't know how you loaded them, but I presume you have full-size scans. Maybe try just one - I guess if we can't read it, neither can you - so have a play and see if you can make it work.

then thats a winner " the contravention did not occur"

they have alleged you were in contravention at X and you were at Y

are there pictures

does the NTO address differ from the PCN address ? you sure its not two tickets ?

No I am positive, the pcn states one post code and the NTO a slightly different one. Should I mention that on my email to the council? or just say the contravention did not occur and state that very important detail when appealing to Patas? Because I have read somewhere that they can send you a revised one with the correct address if you appeal on this ground. Please find the PCn below: the post code on there is N22 CPZ whereas on the NTO it is N22 N22. there are no pictures from the council.

PCN.jpg

Hmm the PCN says "Opposite 718 Lordship Lane N22 CPZ" and NTO says opposite "718 Lordship lane N22 N22"

I guess the post code is of paramount importance and since this is a legally binding document should it not be flawless to be... er binding?

Please give me some hope...

address the same in both cases so forget the postcode thing - its de minimis and it can not be misleading.

I get page not found for each and every image.

NTO may be flawed but can't tell as can't see it