Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Can you ask your GP to get a second opinion on the NHS?  (I ought to know because I'm a retired NHS manager, but worked in mental health where x-rays didn't really feature very much(!).)   Your GP may be reluctant for various reasons but you've got nothing to lose by asking.  Might be difficult if there's only one consultant in that specialty locally.   If that is a non-starter, you could ask your GP for a private referral if any of the relevant specialists run private clinics.  Your son'll get seen quicker and an initial private consultation shouldn't cost more than about a couple of hundred quid.  Then take it from there.   (Emphasise to your GP what your real concerns are and why you have them - even if it's just "I looked it up on the internet and it looks like this which can lead to serious complications.  What do you think?  I'm really worried...")   EDIT:  Just looked on my local NHS Clinical Commissioning Group website and searched for "second opinion" but nothing comes up...  I thought you were entitled to one - you'll have to ask your GP.  Or look on your own CCG site.  Oh - despite being a NHS manager I have paid to see a consultant privately.  £150 well spent - if you can afford it... which I appreciate not everyone can.
    • dont think they are even allowed to offer settlement by instalments, they are not creditors.   read the letter carefully and understand what it doesn't actually say....like the word WILL anywhere.   they,  a DCA, can't recommend anything and their client most certainly wouldn't have disclosed anything to a powerless DCA about what their solicitors might or might not have said to them. and ofcourse a solicitor is in no position whatsoever to suggest to their client they get back to the DCA and tell the DCA to tell you their client will accept instalments!   the letter is a load of ole BS that is concocted by the dca without any input or knowledge of their client nor their clients solicitor...   dx      
    • The paediatric orthopaedic consultant at the fracture clinic told us today that he believes it is just a sprain behind the knee. I'm concerned my GP will say something along the lines of, 'you have seen a consultant, he says it will heal in 2 to 3 weeks, you don't know more than him!', or something like that. It's just that I believe I can clearly see a fracture. And as there was no fall or hard knock, only a very tightly streched knee bending at an angle behind, with a load. I figured that the temdon must have pulled some bone up. And thats the injury I found online. I totally take on board what you are saying. You are correct. I guess I'll see what my GP says tomorrow, hopefully she allows me to email the images, if she doesent have access to them already. Thanks again
    • The US will maintain import duties on $7.5bn worth of items including French cheese and single malt whiskies. View the full article
    • Make a appointment ASAP to see child GP and let them sort it out and not Dr Google.   You may need to see a paediatric orthopaedic consultant for advice, a GP can refer the child if necessary.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I will try to keep this brief.


I am currently claiming for a house fire in which I lost everything, the claim is now 18 months old now after many delays I have movement and an agreement to settle.


My question arises that one of the delays is that the insureres were informed by the local authority that I was in prison, TO CLARIFY I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO PRISON.


Now I have to writee to the local authority, the insurer and the insurers loss adjusters to get a subject access of all the data. Make a complaint to the data registrar and hopefully win and then what.


Can I sue the local authority for defamation, my insurer for perpetuating this to their third party etc.


Who is liable or do I take it on the chin.


Oh my insurer has provided a name of an individual in the local authority who passed them the information

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

For libel you would sue ANY party that published the defamatory allegation against you. It is not just the individual that first made the mistake, it is also anyone else that has further published this defamatory information, without checking its veracity.


What I would suggest that you do is to get a solicitor to write the relevant parties, stating that you intend to issue legal proceedings, unless a satisfactory settlement can be reached to satisfy the damage done to your reputation.


The danger with libel cases I believe, is that even if you took it to court and the judge awards you £x, you might not get costs, so could end up without much or even owing money. This is why sometimes people don't bother. This is the reason for writing to the people involved and trying to resolve outside of the courts.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The legal route is a good option, I have little dealing in litigation outside insurace and can't offer any further input.

From my perspective. I'm not sure what you are wanting to achieve? (money? - nothing worng with that) , I'm not sure if asking for files etc is going to muddy the water. If insurance company have been provided wrong info, whilst wrong, their intentions were probably correct.

Also not sure what you mean by third parties, if we are talking about their suppliers, then the info was passed for the purpose of investigation only, probably not to make insinuations against you. If they have passed this info to outside parties not relevant to the claim, then they have breached data protection, you then have a case with the information commisioners office. Don't expect a lot from any file requests, you are only entitiled to the personal data held about you, not the full file. If, for example there is a page of notes, if there is nothing that can link it to you i.e. name and address, then it does not get sent. You then also need to prove how your reputation has been damaged, and in what capacity - i.e. business loss.

Altenatively, you can make a formal complaint to ask the insurer if they have dealt with this correctly without undue delays etc, I doubt it if we are talking about 18 months to settle. You can always approach the FOS or Lloyd's PMA whoever their regulators are.

Good luck, 18 months is way too long for any claim, regardless of enquiries.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

have u got all your loss back?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...