harrassed senior

UNLAWFUL? THREATS in relation to long Statute Barred alleged Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My sister received a letter this morning from d-l-c. as follows:

We have made numerours attempts to contact you to agree a repayment program for this outstanding debt to no avail.

Your account is now being transferred to our Debt Surveillance Programme where regular reviews into you financial circumstances will be conducted to assess your suitability for litigation action.

We will continue to report your default to the credit reference agencies and may periodically instruct field agents to visit your5 property to assess your ability to pay.

It 's not too late to prevent this, by contacting us on 0844 335 8498 to discuss repayment options.

Act now. This debt will not just go away.

My sister collapsed and we had to call the paramedics to revive her, she is now hospitalized.

The last correspondence received on this account was a letter from another now defunct DCA in August 2001.

As a family we want and are, going to go after them all with all guns blazing, and would welcome suggestions on the best way forward.

Many thanks.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi HS

I hope she is fine.

This may be a helpful pdf...I think it lays it out quite clear.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Not counting that the data being processed is out of date-Data Protection Act 1998

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection_guide.aspx there is a dircect link for the pdf.

Also the information being processed from the Original creditor is at fault aswell, they should have had the data erased. so another avenue there.

You could always bait them by sending a harrasment letter via a reg letter-they often ignore them and continue to send letters, that would put them on the back foot.

hope this helps Buddy

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

Hi Senior, you have given so much great advice in the past

why not just send the Stat Barred /prove it's not letter?

As well as doing all that is advised above.

Hope your sister is ok.!!

hi senior, you have given so much great advice in the past

why not just send the stat barred /prove it's not letter?

As well as doing all that is advised above.

Hope your sister is ok.!!

ditto

Thanks for the good wishes, thankfully it was an Angina attack and not a full blown Heart Attack, so hopefully will be home within a couple of days.

I just so want to hit out at these people. I have an ability to put a good letter together, having worked for Solicitors much of my working life, so I am going to take my time and work on a well reasoned response. If, in the meantime they send more abusive letters, more amunition. I do not like opening other peoples' mail, but my sister doesn't mind me opening her mail.

Surprisingly or not, she has not had much in the way of dca communications over the past few months, since I took over, but along with the above mentioned letter, she had 2 statements from Link, one SB end of this month and one end of September. Another that I am going to make an F & F on (mobile). Then it should be all clear, but you just never know do you with these, I have always avoided being derogatory, but now I feel that they are, ****.

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

How about going to the press with this? They generally go for stories like that.

Best wishes to your sister.

Guest wino

Just what gives these scumbags the right to send a letter like that?

"Your account is now being transferred to our Debt Surveillance Programme where regular reviews into you financial circumstances will be conducted to assess your suitability for litigation action.

We will continue to report your default to the credit reference agencieslink3.gif and may periodically instruct field agents to visit your5 property to assess your ability to pay."

Who do they think they are 'Big Brother Debt Detective Agency'

They need reporting for that especially as the so called debt is statute barred.

I hope your sister makes a complete recovery :)

HSL = Hillesden Securities Limited

DLC = Direct Legal Collections

Both one and the same...

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It also mentions GE Woodchester, but have heard from no one since 2001!

That'll be the original creditor GE Capital.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I would be passing this on to the OFT and Trading Standards via Consumer Direct. I am not sure that you will get anywhere writing to these people, whatever the circumstances. If they wrote back, they may just explain that they sent the wrong letter in error. If this letter was the only one sent by them and in connection with a debt that was last subject to correspondence in 2001, then the letter is clearly wrong and against many of the OFT's guidelines. This is why given the circumstances Consumer Direct should be willing to assist you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread