Euro Car Parks parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to this site but have been told that you guys are up on this subject.

I received a parking ticket yesterday in the Lidle car park. I had gone in to ask if they sold micro cloths as my windscreen was so steamed up I couldn't clear it. I parked in a disabled place - naughty - the reason I did this was that I really couldn't see out of the windows properly to park and didn't want to risk scrapping a car in the tight non disabled spaces. All the other spaces in the disabled area were available. There was plenty of room for everyone.

The parking charge notice was timed from 14:56 to 15:00. Can I claim that I was loading? Surely 4 minutes is to short a time to get a ticket? It is not a public car park and there is no pay and display. Please help. Thanks.

Hi cotswoldcharm and welcome to cag :)

If you read through the parking threads on here you will see the same advice given over and over again. This is not a parking fine it is an invoice and you do not need to pay it.

Hi Wino,

Sorry I'm finding it really hard to navigate this site - everything I click sends me to a list of books that I to buy. Stupidly I have absolutely NO money at the mo, feeding child off tins at back of cupboard! Can't buy books.

Having trouble finding threads about the parking fines. From what I understand Euro is a private firm with no right to my money. I'm going to ignore the ticket. If they do track me down I'll take it from there. As I have nothing to pay with they can join a very long queue of similar grabbers.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Hi Wino,

Sorry I'm finding it really hard to navigate this site - everything I click sends me to a list of books that I to buy. Stupidly I have absolutely NO money at the mo, feeding child off tins at back of cupboard! Can't buy books.

Having trouble finding threads about the parking fines. From what I understand Euro is a private firm with no right to my money. I'm going to ignore the ticket. If they do track me down I'll take it from there. As I have nothing to pay with they can join a very long queue of similar grabbers.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

keep their letters safe somewhere and just ignore these [problematic].

Sorry that you are experiencing trouble finding threads on the site. CAG has had an upgrade over the weekend and there are a few technical hicups. Webmaster and the team are busy behind the scenes trying to sort it all out.

As stated Euro Car Parks is a private firm and cannot fine you. They can invoice you as they have. This is just a request for money. Just file the paper work away and forget it. You will propably get reminders and as someone else has said on a previous thread 'The dreaded letter written in RED ink'. Don't loose any sleep over this.

These private companies make a fortune out of unsuspecting motorists who believe they are proper fines.

• 10 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.