Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • As advised statute barred debts are dead...if your alive or dead......so are CCJs that are over  6 years old and have never been executed or secured against property by way of a charging order.......no matter how much your estate is worth.
    • I booked several rooms with FABHOTELS.COM - I have made sure the rooms were cancel able and due to the condition in India regarding Covid becoming very bad I cancelled the rooms and my visit to India and will not be travelling for the foreseeable future, I then checked my account and they have stated there can be no refund back to my card but I have to accept their room credits to the value of £478 valid for 12 months when they will then expire if I do not use them by that date, I have contacted them on several telephone numbers and via email, they have refused to issue a refund : stating it is their policy to issue only rooms credits and these will expire in 12 months, they have advised they have the right to do this under the contract and under Indian law, I have raised a SEC 75 claim, via the credit card company however they have not advised what the above means and stated it will take 11 weeks for a response, I am concerned that a refund has been provided and the cancellation has been approved as such as a refundable cancellation, albeit they have stated no refund to the credit card can be made. I have sent the following to them and their response has been - we are unable to assist further - I have now concern how they can do this when the law does not allow this to be possible? The issue that I have experienced was: Disgraceful behaviour by Fab hotels in holding cancelled bookings in an expiring account when cancelled fully - NO REFUND ISSUED? Please can you refund the full amount to my credit card as due to the Covid restrictions there is no guarantee I will be in India in next twenty four months I await your refund back to my with the Credit card Company as I am not able to use the Credits expiring in 12 Months, I have been in touch with the credit card Company and they have confirmed they will be looking to FabHotels to refund back to the Original card as part of the Sec 75 Laws where a cancellation has been made and the payment has to be refunded back to the Original payment card. I have not been able to confirm I will be using the credits and therefore in order to safeguard my funds these needs to be back into my, If this is not accepted then I reserve the right to take the matter further for a investigation and chargeback as I have not authorised the payment and the reservations have been cancelled. Please can this be escalated to a senior manager and a refund issued back to the Visa card. If this is the Customer experience I have to endure then I will make it quite clear that this i not acceptable that you take money and put it into a expiring account and then ask me to contact you to get the extension, this is not customer service, I am deeply distressed by your action as there are no other Booking agents who are doing this to their customers, especially considering the hotels have been accepted as cancelled and a refund issued but held in expiring account.
    • That's logical and correct DX,  and how I understood it to work if they can't pursue the debtor  for the debt whilst they are alive, it can't be resurrected and charged against the estate or demanded personally from executors who knew diddly about that SB debt..
    • First of all, apologies for the delay in responding. I went back to work in May completely forgot about this.   Secondly, they paid out.   As you can see in my post dated May 11th, I suggested whether it would be worth trying one more time with them. Well, I did. I mentioned in my claim that, once again, they should contact DHL who would confirm that the parcel was left on the doorstep in full view of anyone passing by. I finished it off by saying that I was happy to go to small claims court over this if I do not hear back from them.   About a week later I received an email stating the claim was successful and they asked for my bank details to transfer the money over to.    I'm surprised they didn't drag their heels over this but perhaps me seeing the picture of the supposed delivery and them knowing that I was doing my own 'investigation' into DHL made them nip this in the bud sooner rather than later.   And a reminder to anyone else reading this: contactless delivery does not mean that couriers can leave the parcel on your doorstep and leave. It means the courier leaves your parcel on your doorstep, waits for you to open the door and confirm receipt of the parcel, (the courier takes a picture, this seems to depend on the courier) and then and only then is delivery of the item concluded.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
        • Like
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
        • Thanks
      • 16 replies

Help with a Letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I need to send the right letter to Cabot Finance asking them to provide me with both the Credit Card agreement that I signed with Monument and the amount of the debt (or preferably the last statement issued to me by Monument) along with a complete statement of the debt and payments made to Cabot since they took the debt over. I have requested this in writing several times and have now stopped paying them as it seems that everytime they write to me the amount differs. Monument agreed to stop adding interest to the account prior to Cabot taking over but the amounts differ so much in each letter going up and down and do not relate to any payments made. I now begin to wonder if Cabot even know what the amount is and are just picking a figure from the air. Surely I am entitled to a statement at least once a year but this has been going on for some years as evrytime I agree an amount I ask for a statement of account - never get it so stop payment. Can I put the account into dispute as they refuse to comply with my request for info.


I have been trying for about an hour to find the letter on this site but when I click on a link on one of the postings it just goes to other letters which are not relevant to me. Please help as I want to send the letter today (registered post of course) in response to an email saying that they are sending someone to my house.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Bentley1

First of all welcome to the forum, there are many people on here who are more than willing to help you.

I am not an expert in anyway or form but have gainedsome knowledge ffrom reading the many posts on here. my advice would be to send cabot the subject access request letter.....

Dear Sirs,


Account No: XXXXXXXX

Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998

Please supply me with a copy of ALL information your company hold on me including a list of accounts and details of payments along with copies of statements.


Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which relates to me and am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Act. If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.


Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.


If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me or collected monies to which you were not entitled, then I shall be reclaiming them and also the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.


Yours faithfully


sign it digitaly enclose the fee of a £10 postal order and send it recorded delivery, if they have a credit agreement it will be included in this.

i hope this helps

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome Bentley


With luck this link will take you to the CCA request letter, amend it to suit, print your name in some way and send recorded delivery




They then have 12+2 days to reply


Hope this helps



[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:



Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are a star! Let's hope they don't ignore my request this time as they have in the past. it does not seem to matter what correspondence you send them, they just ignore it and then send the same computer generated letter stating the same thing out - maybe they are all robots that work there. One question though - do I pay them in the meantime or say that until I get the requested data that I am not paying another penny?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the SAR might be best kept for later if it's needed


If after the 12+2 days (2 for postage) have expired and nothing has come through then you can with hold payment, if they do send anything back scan it and making sure no personal details/ref numbers/bar codes etc are visible post it on here and let them that know have a look



[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:



Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you receive nothing with the time scale then you send the 'account in dispute' letter, which will mean no action should be taken, ie enforcement/selling on etc. until or if the required paperwork is ever supplied.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

SORRY forgot to mention cca request letter!!!! follow what revenant has advised and leave sar till all other avenues have been explored

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an email from them which says


"External Agent Recovery Notification

We’ve previously advised you that if you didn’t repay your outstanding debt to Cabot, we’d take further action. Therefore, unless we hear from you immediately we’ll instruct one of our debt recovery agents to call on you to collect the debt."


Having just sent a letter requesting both the agreement (CCA) and the Subject Access Letter with postal order for the right amount in each letter - thought that if I sent both it would make them sit up and take me seriously, how do I respond to this as I can see them sending some bully to my house. I want to send them a reply by post to stop this but not sure what to say - anyone help me on that score please. I would pay them off in full if I thought that I could get the right amount out of them, but it is the principle of it now as I want them to supply me with all the documentation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just email and post them this letter.


Dear Sir or Madam,


Account Ref xxxx


Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.


Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.


There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.


In Scotland change the last paragraph to :-

There is only an implied license under Scots Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc. Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you attempt to send such a collector to my home, you will also be reported for harassment and I shall seek damages for a delict of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a delict of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless. Should it be necessary, I will obtain an interdict from the Court to prevent you carrying out your threat.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...