• Tweets

• Hello, Can someone advise if the attached is a valid charge please?  I had parked in the car park and paid but then got delayed and have ended up with a ticket for parking longer than I should have done.   I know they will refuse the appeal but is this charge enforceable?   Charge Notice.pdf
    • The dealer is called Carwise in Epping. It's not the most established of premises. When i was there i'd say there was about 10-15 cars inside and an office. I've seen these reviews of them which seem to replicate my experience. https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/hr-autos-epping-essex-england (note previous name). It's quite worrying.    
    • To me, it isn't just about social distancing and hygiene measures. I'm far from the first to say it but until there's a reliable track and trace system, I don't think this can be managed properly.   Children may not suffer as much as adults, although some do, they can be asymptomatic and pass on the virus to the rest of the family.   https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-david-king-second-wave-18739973
    • When will most schools actually re-open in September ?   And when they open, will they be providing teaching over the number hours 9am to 3pm  ?   I am thinking of the school I attended, which was a large Victorian building, with many modern extensions.  The classrooms which could accommodate about 35 Children elbow to elbow, will only be able to accommodate 20 at the most with any reasonable distancing.   Or does the whole class  of say 35 stay in a bubble and the teachers move around to teach the different subjects ?    I can see many schools opening later in September, not for all pupils for all days and not doing the full hours.   This is going to be very difficult to manage for all those concerned, including parents looking to return to work.     
    • Hi.   If you do a search of our forums you will find other people who've had trouble with Marquis. Sadly people don't always update their threads with the final result.   Scroll up this page to the red strip at the top, and type Marquis into the white search box on the right.   HB
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bailiff called yesterday without any notice of him coming. I was in the back garden at the time , but heard raised voices and my wife shouting for me. I rushed to see what the problem was to find a man trying to push his way into the house. Another man was standing behind him. Oh deary me !!. What the **** didn't know was that my 5 sons and their friends were down at the time , and just about to fire up the barbie !.

To cut a long and painfull story , (for the scummy bailiffs ), they did not get the result they were hoping for.

I may be old fashioned , but anyone who lays a hand on my missus , I will not be held responsible. We have been married for 48 years , and during all that time , I have never raised a finger towards her. Some pox ridden vermin trying to enter my home by pushing my wife.............................say no more !

Incidently , never has punching some one in the face given me more satisfaction !!. And to make things even more sweeter , they never even reported it to the old bill !!.

The more people stood up to these pieces of **** , the less they will try to intimidate by acts of violence.

We can't condone the violence, of course, but couldn't you let us have the name of the company so that others can be warned. That would be helpful.

Also, advice to everyone, this kind of treatment of bailiffs would probably lead to the police and an arrest. It may well be in this case that there were so many witnesses to the whole thing that the bailiff doesn't dare.

Had there been no witnesses except for the backup bailiff, the story would have been very different.

Please let us have the name of the firm and of course in the event we are threatened by them, I assume you will be prepared to supply us with witness statements to confirm the story.

Ta

Bailiff called yesterday without any notice of him coming. I was in the back garden at the time , but heard raised voices and my wife shouting for me. I rushed to see what the problem was to find a man trying to push his way into the house. Another man was standing behind him. Oh deary me !!. What the **** didn't know was that my 5 sons and their friends were down at the time , and just about to fire up the barbie !.

To cut a long and painfull story , (for the scummy bailiffs ), they did not get the result they were hoping for.

I may be old fashioned , but anyone who lays a hand on my missus , I will not be held responsible. We have been married for 48 years , and during all that time , I have never raised a finger towards her. Some pox ridden vermin trying to enter my home by pushing my wife.............................say no more !

Incidently , never has punching some one in the face given me more satisfaction !!. And to make things even more sweeter , they never even reported it to the old bill !!.

The more people stood up to these pieces of **** , the less they will try to intimidate by acts of violence.

Well done :D

In case the Police do arrive, I assume your 5 sons and wife are on the same page, and never saw any assault?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have mediteranian blood running through my viens (well partly) so if they tried pushing past me they would certainly know it and I am not a violent person at all