problems with welcome

mickjo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi could someone give some advice.i needed a new boiler and i could not afford to pay for one so i got in touch with the gas board who arrange a lone with welcome for me.it was for £5000 plus interest. as i could not get credit with anyone else i signed for the loan. i got ill one month and could not afford to pay for that months payment so i phoned them up and the man was understanding saying not to worry and just start paying from the next month.then i strted getting letters saying i am one month in areares and they have added £10 for the letter.i phoned them up and they said if i increase my monthly payment i will not get charge for the letter so i said i could afford an extra £5 a month and they said that was fine and i will not get any more letters from them if keep up with the payments.but the letters keep coming and i am getting charge £10 for each letter im sick and tired of ringing them each month. please could some one help me.

ps i did not know that it was a secured loan as the sales rep from british gas did not tell me as i would never had signed for it othewise.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2h6efjl.jpg

regards

mickjo1

Edited by mickjo1

welcome are just about to go down the pan.

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for your reply zillak.i have lost all the paperwork when the gas board finished installing the boileri had to sign some papers for the credit but i dont remember them giving me a copy.i put all the paper work i got in one place but the only one i can find is the instructions about the boiler.im going to send them a letter as phoning them is waste of time.

regards

mickjo

I am new to this site but have been following for a while.

From my education on here, if you require your agreements and all other paperwork that goes with it, then you must request a SAR (subject Access request) if you look in the letter templates, there is on in there for you to use. Follow each instruction thoroughly, ie recorded delivery and postal order numbers etc.

• 2 months later...

hi all just got another letter from welcome saying that their are charging me £10 for a letter their sent last week regarding my arrears.when i phoned them the first time their sent me a letter their said if i increase my monthly payment by £5 i will not get charged any more.but i keep getting letters every month charging me £10 every time.i sick of phoning them and sending them letters their keep ignoring me.so i dont know if i have done the right thing or not.i have stoped my d/d and sent them a letter saying i wont be paying another penny untill someone listens to me and stop chrging me £10 every month.

ok back to basics here.

STOP phoning them, never talk to these jokers on the phone.

thaey can charge you as many £10 fees as they like, you claim everyone back + 8% stat int.

now

have you got the agreement copy yet?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks dx. i im still waiting.could you tell me if i was right to stop the d/d as im a bit worried as the loan is supose to be secured against my home. though i did not know this when i signed for the loan.also how do i go about reclaiming all the £10 back.

regards

mick

pers i would not stop paying till you know the cca is unenforceable, but even then it does not wipe the debt out

you need to CCA them get the agreement and post it up.

as for reclaiming all the charges, i bet there are other things like PPI? on the loan too, welcome are terrible fleecers.

lets get that CCA done first

this thread has gone on long enough without anything being actually achieved

dx

and they

so you've already sent the cca request and £1 PO?

dx

and they

make sure you send it to the correct ad.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

hi all hope you are all doing fine

ive just got my c/a today. /tinypic.com/m/a0gc3c/4.

i would be greatful if someone could look at it for me.i have been told its a secured loan but i dont seem to see anything about it on my c/a.

i am still been charge £10 every month for a letter thier send me.

regards

michael

link dont work

you have to do it via an online photo site like photobucket

or pdf it and attach it under go advanced.

dx

and they

any T&C's?

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

hi all can someone give me some advice.

i have a loan with welcome finance and last year i missed a payment with me being on the sick and i could not pay that months payment.

i phoned welcome and explained my situation and the man said if i could increase my loan by £5 per month to cover the arrears i would not be charged any late payment fees. i said that would be fine.

now i keep getting letters every month saying i have missed a payment then the next week i get another letter saying that their are charging me £10 for the letter that was sent last week.

i have just phoed them and the lady said i will keep getting letters every month and will be charged £10 for every letter their send.i tried to explain to her that i have been in contact with them and that i have agreed to pay an extra £5 per month but she would not listen and got very abrupt with me.i am banging my head against a brick wall trying to get some sense out of them.

please can someone tell me what i can do.

ps i have telephoned them every month but welcome finance are so unhelpful

kind regards

michael