mickjo1

problems with welcome

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi could someone give some advice.i needed a new boiler and i could not afford to pay for one so i got in touch with the gas board who arrange a lone with welcome for me.it was for £5000 plus interest. as i could not get credit with anyone else i signed for the loan. i got ill one month and could not afford to pay for that months payment so i phoned them up and the man was understanding saying not to worry and just start paying from the next month.then i strted getting letters saying i am one month in areares and they have added £10 for the letter.i phoned them up and they said if i increase my monthly payment i will not get charge for the letter so i said i could afford an extra £5 a month and they said that was fine and i will not get any more letters from them if keep up with the payments.but the letters keep coming and i am getting charge £10 for each letter im sick and tired of ringing them each month. please could some one help me.

ps i did not know that it was a secured loan as the sales rep from british gas did not tell me as i would never had signed for it othewise.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2h6efjl.jpg

regards

mickjo1

Edited by mickjo1

..do you have copies of the original agreement?

..there's plenty of peeps here to help.. just need more info on the agreement etc..

..still 5k for a boiler... for use in a regular house?...

welcome are just about to go down the pan.

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thread moved to Welcome Finance Forum

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

thanks everyone sory for posting in the wrong place

regards

mickjo1

thanks for your reply zillak.i have lost all the paperwork when the gas board finished installing the boileri had to sign some papers for the credit but i dont remember them giving me a copy.i put all the paper work i got in one place but the only one i can find is the instructions about the boiler.im going to send them a letter as phoning them is waste of time.

regards

mickjo

I am new to this site but have been following for a while.

From my education on here, if you require your agreements and all other paperwork that goes with it, then you must request a SAR (subject Access request) if you look in the letter templates, there is on in there for you to use. Follow each instruction thoroughly, ie recorded delivery and postal order numbers etc.

thanks ruskie will do that

regards

mickjo1

send to head office not local branch.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

hi mickj i'm new as well and reading with interest all welcome posts. Was insurance included...a cca request would reveal y/n . It might reveal other errors then sar them for more info.

hi all just got another letter from welcome saying that their are charging me £10 for a letter their sent last week regarding my arrears.when i phoned them the first time their sent me a letter their said if i increase my monthly payment by £5 i will not get charged any more.but i keep getting letters every month charging me £10 every time.i sick of phoning them and sending them letters their keep ignoring me.so i dont know if i have done the right thing or not.i have stoped my d/d and sent them a letter saying i wont be paying another penny untill someone listens to me and stop chrging me £10 every month.

ok back to basics here.

STOP phoning them, never talk to these jokers on the phone.

thaey can charge you as many £10 fees as they like, you claim everyone back + 8% stat int.

now

have you got the agreement copy yet?

dx

thanks dx. i im still waiting.could you tell me if i was right to stop the d/d as im a bit worried as the loan is supose to be secured against my home. though i did not know this when i signed for the loan.also how do i go about reclaiming all the £10 back.

regards

mick

pers i would not stop paying till you know the cca is unenforceable, but even then it does not wipe the debt out

you need to CCA them get the agreement and post it up.

as for reclaiming all the charges, i bet there are other things like PPI? on the loan too, welcome are terrible fleecers.

lets get that CCA done first

this thread has gone on long enough without anything being actually achieved

dx

thanks dx

i will send another cca first thing tomorrow

regards

mick

so you've already sent the cca request and £1 PO?

dx

i have but the cheque has not been cashed and has been cacelled

mick

make sure you send it to the correct ad.

dx

thanks dx,soon as i receive anything from them i wil post it for you to have a look at.once again many thanks for your help.

regards

mick

hi all hope you are all doing fine

ive just got my c/a today. /tinypic.com/m/a0gc3c/4.

i would be greatful if someone could look at it for me.i have been told its a secured loan but i dont seem to see anything about it on my c/a.

i am still been charge £10 every month for a letter thier send me.

regards

michael

link dont work

you have to do it via an online photo site like photobucket

or pdf it and attach it under go advanced.

dx

any T&C's?

dx

hi all can someone give me some advice.

i have a loan with welcome finance and last year i missed a payment with me being on the sick and i could not pay that months payment.

i phoned welcome and explained my situation and the man said if i could increase my loan by £5 per month to cover the arrears i would not be charged any late payment fees. i said that would be fine.

now i keep getting letters every month saying i have missed a payment then the next week i get another letter saying that their are charging me £10 for the letter that was sent last week.

i have just phoed them and the lady said i will keep getting letters every month and will be charged £10 for every letter their send.i tried to explain to her that i have been in contact with them and that i have agreed to pay an extra £5 per month but she would not listen and got very abrupt with me.i am banging my head against a brick wall trying to get some sense out of them.

please can someone tell me what i can do.

ps i have telephoned them every month but welcome finance are so unhelpful

kind regards

michael