creepin60

Non refund of holiday home site fees after selling

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3645 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Briefly I bought a holiday home static caravan last November, paid the pro-rata site fees to end of December and paid 2010 site fees before the end of December 2009 as requested by the site owner.

Sold the unit in early July, but had to sell through the site (their conditions) and pay them 15 percent of the sale price for doing absolutely nothing.

The new buyer confirmed with the site office that I wold get a refund of the advance payment of site fees to end of December 2010 as the new owner had paid pro rata fees from early July to end of December. That is 2 fees for 1 pitch.

The sale proceeds were paid to the site who then forwarded the cheque to me 2 weeks after the sale but no refund for the site fees. The site said I had signed an agreement to say that the site fees would not be refunded if the unit was sold after the end of June.

I know this is an unfair term of contract or agreement but has anybody else had the same problem. I would love to hear from anyone else who has taken a site to the Small Claims Court to get their refund. I have already written to the BH & HPA giving them details of this grossly unfair practice and I know there are other holiday home owners who have taken sites to court so I would love to hear from you to see how you went about things and what the outcome was.

The OFT regs are pretty clear so I really want to know if they can be enforced against these rip off merchants. Thanks to anyone who can help

About to have final hearing in two months. It has been tough going but will be worth it. Was the firm you are dealing with an indapendent or part of the Bourne Group?

Hello and thank you so much for your reply

It is an independent site and like you I am determined to get my cash back. I earned it and I want it back. Have you used and/or quoted any reference to the OFT regs? And have you used any consumer laws? I will pay for a solicitor as long as I am pretty sure I will get my money back but like most other owners in the same position we are not made of money.

There are other owners on the same site who have had the same problem but in the main are intimidated by the owners and this should not be happening or allowed and anything we can do to clean up the industry can only help so thanks for your input and please keep in touch and let me know how you get on