redstar1

ESA and FT Education

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Quick query! My wife receives DLA and contribution based ESA but is considering a return to full time education to become a classroom/childcare assistant, a career path she feels would be more compatible with her illness. I've read conflicting information regarding CB ESA and being a student. Does anyone know if she will be able to continue claiming it? She will be receiving no student funding (there are also no course fees).

Thanks for any advice.

To the best of my knowledge if the course is full time then her entitlement to ESA would cease. Check with the college and see if there is any funding for this course or even if they are aware of any local schemes that would support her. the transition from benefit to education can be difficult financially in the short term but long term she would receive a decent wage and am sure her health condition would respond to a working enviroment that she enjoys.