Can a DCA insisit that a SAR request be made to them and not the OC?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3703 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not sure how the land lies with this one. OH has a student loan with exorbitant charges. We sent off a SAR request to SLC and back has come a letter from Thesis stating that we need to formally request it from them. However SLC have also written to advise us when we can expect the requested documents.

Is this correct? OH doesn't have a notice of assignment from Thesis/SLC so I think that SLC still own it. :???:

Does a SAR cover all data held (i.e. if there were other loan agreements would we need to send a separate SAR for each?).

TIA :)

Its your right to request a SAR from any company that holds information about you provided you pay the required fee of £10. You don't need permission from anybody, especially a dca.

Thanks for the swift reply Baileyboy. What is confusing me is that the DCA are insisting we make the request of them and not the OC. What can my OH say to them that will make them understand a SAR has already been requested for the agreement? Is there any legislation regarding this? My sceptical nose smells it as a ploy to get payment towards a debt which is more than likely statute barred...

Thanks for the swift reply Baileyboy. What is confusing me is that the DCA are insisting we make the request of them and not the OC. What can my OH say to them that will make them understand a SAR has already been requested for the agreement? Is there any legislation regarding this? My sceptical nose smells it as a ploy to get payment towards a debt which is more than likely statute barred...

Your OH can tell them to Foxtrot Oscar. A DCA has NO rights at all, NONE, not a diddly.

So tell them that.

Jogs

With regard to your question, a SAR should return ALL information they hold, covering all Agreements etc. that you have with them. You only need to send 1 request.

If it were me I would write back to the DCA and ask them to inform you, in writing the reasons for their insistence.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thanks Harrassed senior I will, as they implied in their letter that OH had to send a SAR for each agreement. The more I think about it, the more I think it is a ploy to get information on other accounts he may or may not have, and to start the clock ticking on the SB debt. (It's from 1998).

Definitely SB then.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.