my boss wont pay me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys,

i got a call from a shipping company in London, which offered me a web development contract and asked me to start on the 17th of june, and gave me the terms of contract, which i took home to read, but started work, later in the week, i complained about a few things in the contract to be amended, which the company promised to.

But week after week, nothing was done, at the end of the month, i submitted an invoice and nothing was done, and when i asked when i will be paid, they told me to take a day off, then two days, then a week, then i was told not to come again.

and when i ask about the invoices i submitted, i am told the money is in my acct, as it was paid today, and when i complain, then they say in 3 days, then they say they have problems, then its another excuse.

Now they are not replying me.

I wrote citizens advice bureau http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ who said they haven't got an expert in house, but asked me to take them to court.

Am honestly confused. As i cant believe such is happening here in london.

The most annoying thing, was i moved from the former city i was living to london and bought a few materials for the project they asked me to work on and i have a daughter and responsibilities which i cant see to. Its been one month since i left them to date August 13th 2010

What do i do ?

thanks

I agree with the post above, however it would appear that your relationship with this firm was more one of a contractor, rather than as an employee. Therefore, following a LBA you would then have to sue for the breach of contract, claiming damages and costs as appropriate.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!